Who to call for Sport Max RoadSmart II defect?

NCrider

Andrew Seawell
Bike
'05 ST1300A
STOC #
Just found a bubble in my rear SportMax RoadSmart II and I was wondering what number to call to try and get some help. Not one listed on the website that seemed correct.

IMG_1626 (Medium).JPG IMG_1631 (Medium).jpg

Bike
07 ST1300
That's ugly, especially as from what I have read here, the OLD roadsmarts only had trouble with the fronts.
My tale of woe started yesterday when found the "new" tires that the dealer installed on my bike just before I bought it are roadsmarts with an 08 date code.
SO, from what ELSE I learned on here, though I am not real clear on it, is that Dunlop bought all the OLD roadsmart fronts back and furnished new ones.
I will be watching for a number to call I guess.
Jim

Throttlejockey

Padden is my hero
Bike
06 ST1300
STOC #
That's ugly, especially as from what I have read here, the OLD roadsmarts only had trouble with the fronts.
My tale of woe started yesterday when found the "new" tires that the dealer installed on my bike just before I bought it are roadsmarts with an 08 date code.
SO, from what ELSE I learned on here, though I am not real clear on it, is that Dunlop bought all the OLD roadsmart fronts back and furnished new ones.
I will be watching for a number to call I guess.
Jim
The dealer should be taking care of this issue.

zooker13

Ken Zook
Bike
05 ST1300
STOC #
I had a front Roadsmart look just like that. I had hit a big rock on Beartooth Pass and thought I'd bent the rim. I had it changed in Bozeman and found the rock had ripped about an inch or more of the innermost cord but it showed no sign of cutting on the outside.

wjbertrand

Ventura Highway
I won a pair of RoadSmarts, or should I say RoadStupids, at WeSTOC in Taos a few years back. When the front one threw a 6" piece of tread and deflated on me I contacted Dunlop. They said to take it back to the dealer I bought them from but when I told them I'd won them and didn't know the dealer they kind of blew me off. I tried to get them to refer me to an authorized dealer near me but they just basically told me tough luck and they couldn't help me.

I've sworn off Dunflop forever on my bikes and cars. They'll never get another dime from me.

Bike
07 ST1300
Call Dave Johnson, Consumer affairs, Motorcycle
330 796 3529
david_johnson@sumitumorubber-usa.com

David hooked me up when I found an 08 recall front on my ST. He IS the guy. What the outcome will be I have no idea. I have my RS2 year 2015 now mounted and in service.

Top Bottom