Motorcyclist apparently purposely wrecked by guy in cage

Bike
1997 Honda ST1100
This story is going viral, while the motorcycle was passing in a no passing zone that does NOT allow the driver to endanger his and his passengers life by swerving and hitting the bike. You can hear in the video the very first thing the driver says when he gets out is "shouldn't have been passing in a no passing zone." Action stays about the 1:50 mark.

http://ktla.com/2015/10/19/driver-who-swerved-and-hit-a-motorcycle-i-dont-care/

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Yeah, even the news medias have picked up on it!
That video will be used against that driver, for sure!
Time for roasting a cage driver! :box1:

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
The driver is facing felony charges so it's in the courts hands now.... the motorcyclist was in the wrong passing on a double yellow however, the motorists was even more in the wrong in attempting murder... good there was video which if it goes to court, and I doubt that unless the guy is even dumber than the video suggests, it won't last long.

Bike
07 ST1300
I guess 1 in 100 car drivers out there are that stupid and vicious. So many people DONT LIKE motorcycles and some just think they can do what they like.
I went around a guy going 20mph. I went around slowly and quietly and made sure he saw me before I went. He then pulled up to me in oncoming traffic at the next light and went bat***** crazy. I think if he had a gun he would have shot me.
Gotta be careful out there! What we think is OK might be frowned upon by a psycho killer wannabe.
By the way. If that were my girl lying there I think I would have been seeing to her first.

Bike
2006 ST1300
What a total moron!! (Cuz I can't say on here want I really want to....)
Thanks Supra, your video played much better. The first one not so much lol.
2 Questions though. What was that horrible noise?? Is that wind noise or a terrible camera? This may be for the LEO's out there, but you always hear that "if they don't know you are being recorded, it's not sub missable in court". Is this true? If so, that's a damn shame because that old man needs to go to jail, he also looked a tad inebriated in my opinion. OK so that was 3 questions :roll:

Alli
I'm no lawyer, but I think it depends whether the person has an expectation of privacy. They were in public, on a public road. Odds are that video will be able to be used (the same way a police dash cam can be used). If they came into your house and recorded you without your knowledge, it would be a different story.

KTD1911

R.I.P. - 2020/10/13
Rest In Peace
Bike
2018 can am spyderf3
i am not justifying what the cager did but there are a lot of sport bikers out there that are pissing off cagers passing in blind corners and risking everyone's safety and we as bikers need to heed to safe driving not track riding on the street. just humble opinion i have seen a sport-bike rider actually kick the mirror of a car just because the cager pissed him off. that will reallly help rider/cager relations

Bike
91 ST1100/06 ST1300
i am not justifying what the cager did but there are a lot of sport bikers out there that are pissing off cagers passing in blind corners and risking everyone's safety and we as bikers need to heed to safe driving not track riding on the street. just humble opinion i have seen a sport-bike rider actually kick the mirror of a car just because the cager pissed him off. that will reallly help rider/cager relations
It is aggravating to some people....but it's no excuse to harm someone or destroy property.
Road Rage doesn't hold water or serve as an excuse. Road Rage: 'I do something that hurts your feelings, you rate my driving skills low on a five point scale, I get to kill you'.
The driver in this video has been arrested for assault with a motor vehicle.

KTD1911

R.I.P. - 2020/10/13
Rest In Peace
Bike
2018 can am spyderf3
It is aggravating to some people....but it's no excuse to harm someone or destroy property.
Road Rage doesn't hold water or serve as an excuse. Road Rage: 'I do something that hurts your feelings, you rate my driving skills low on a five point scale, I get to kill you'.
The driver in this video has been arrested for assault with a motor vehicle.
as i stated before "i am not justifying the driver , but we as riders could do a lot in preventing the cager hatred towards riders. if the the rider had not passed on double yellow this would not have happened, the cager should be charged. i had a cager try to kill me and my nephew while riding spearfish canyon i passed some cagers in a passing zone and returned into my lane behind a truck who thought it would be appropriate to lock his brakes just as i pulled in behind him . then he had the nerve to yell obscenities at me! but i try not to pass in non passing zones, even if i could make it . ride right and be polite my motto.

Joseph/TX

R.I.P. - 2016/11/13
Rest In Peace
Bike
1994 ST-1100A
I noticed that the plate on the perps car didn't appear to be from TX, although this happened "near Granbury". Anyhow, he's lucky he hit a sport biker and not a member of the Bandidos...

Blrfl

Natural Rider Enhancement
Bike
Fast Blue One
STOC #
Doesn't matter how many times you state it: you effectively posted "but she did wear a mini-skirt into the bar".
+1, but the only one who knows for sure whether the swerve was intentional is the driver.

--Mark

TPadden

Tom Padden
+1, but the only one who knows for sure whether the swerve was intentional is the driver.

--Mark
That's always the case; when it comes to determining intent: physical evidence is "in the eyes of the beholder"........... guilty.

Last edited:
Bike
91 ST1100/06 ST1300

--Mark
The driver has told three different stories since the incident. He told the biker with the camera, when asked if he knew he hit someone...'I don't care'. Told the cop giving him the breathalyzer. 'I was stung by a bee'. Told the tv talking head that he just drifted out of his lane, '.... it was a coincidence'. He has been charged with assault.

st11ray

2006 ST1300
Bike
'06 ST1300
STOC #
He should be charged with attempted murder! And yes, the car driver crossed the double yellow too. I pass on DY's when it's a situation like this one. It was a long stretch with good sight lines. You can position yourself on a bike to have much better sight lines than you can in a car. Just because some highway engineer makes it a no passing zone because he has to take into account ALL vehicles on that road doesn't mean that it is unsafe for a bike to pass. Yes, it is illegal for the bike or any other vehicle to pass but just because govco says that doesn't mean that you can't do it safely? Speeding is illegal but I've done that safely for many years too. I'm not hanging around a pack of cars on any road if I have the chance to pass and put distance between them and myself. JMO

Top Bottom