Motorcyclist apparently purposely wrecked by guy in cage

TPadden

Tom Padden
That doesn't establish intent by any means. No way that translates to "I deliberately swerved into the motorcycle".......
Everyone's got the right to their opinion. But there are times when actions should be based on facts and standards and the applying law is one of those times.
Facts NEVER completely prove intent unless there is a confession or admission. In every criminal case I was involved where intent (mens rea) was a necessary element of the crime, intent was inferred from evidence. Legally proving intent isn't necessarily proving that the result of an individual's action was what the individual actually intended - in most cases it's an objective determination of intent on the basis of what a reasonable person would expect the results of his action to be.

The video, recorded statements, and I'm sure what at least one witness saw and heard should be more than enough to allow a diligent prosecutor to "establish intent" in a criminal assault case.

Last edited:
At the end of the video dude that hit them was grabbing his pants saying he got stung by a wasp lol! I bet he is getting stung in his *** by something bigger than wasp now!

Bike
07 ST1300A(P)
STOC #
I can attest to that, I have crash-tested both skin and motorcycle jacket, the jacket does a much better job than the skin when it comes to road rash! :eek:4:
+1. But I just want to see the video.....someone mentioned a miniskirt earlier.....:rolleyes:

slmjim

Hopeless Tool Junkie
Derby City - Home of The Louisville Slugger
Bike
Which one today...?
So this nutcase scumbag continues to steal oxygen for 15yrs. while taxpayers foot the bill for shelter, a bed and three meals a day. Happy ending would have him checking out early from this mortal coil. Can't happen soon enough. If not, he'll be released completely bankrupt and continue to be a burden on society by way of Medicaid and subsidized government housing.

Perhaps mental health/background checks are in order to keep cars out of the hands of mentally unstable types like him, sort of like a no-drive list.

I jest of course, but only about that last sentence.

Good Ridin'
slmjim

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
SupraSabre said:
I don't remember seeing any miniskirts in that video!
Because there wasn't any. The miniskirt was mentioned in a bad analogy.

I believed he'd be convicted but didn't think he'd get anywhere year 15yrs. At the time of the original report there was no mention of this guy's history. Given that I'd hope that he serves the entire sentence. But various state laws dictate the application of time off for good behavior etc. 15yrs might be the maximum for agg assault in that state. Otherwise I'd like to have seen a 20yr sentence.

Assuming the guy services prison I hope that he'd permanently denied a driver's license. I didn't see any mention of that. I wonder how the passenger is doing now.

Top Bottom