Water Bottle Mount

Bike
2010 Honda ST13
On long summer rides I like to have a water bottle handy. Here's what I've come up with using a Ram Ball mount. I just poke a hole in the top of the water bottle so I don't have to unscrew the cap. And I keep a small awl just for that purpose in the glove box so I can always buy a new bottle of water when needed.

water bottle1.jpg

water bottle2.jpg

Bike
2010 ST1300
On long summer rides I like to have a water bottle handy. Here's what I've come up with using a Ram Ball mount. I just poke a hole in the top of the water bottle so I don't have to unscrew the cap. And I keep a small awl just for that purpose in the glove box so I can always buy a new bottle of water when needed.
Is that a stock ram ball mount or did you make the cylinder that holds the bottle?

OP
OP
ddemair
Bike
2010 Honda ST13
Is that a stock ram ball mount or did you make the cylinder that holds the bottle?
Good question. I didn't like the Ram Ball bottle holder so I made my own. It's a peanut butter jar!

It's upside down and I filled the cap with epoxy so the Ram Ball diamond plate had something to screw into.

Bike
2019 Goldwing Tour
Nice modification and useful. Sure beats the left side pocket heating it up to hot soup temps. Although it's a good spot for the coffee to go, not so much for anything else.

Bike
2006 ST1300
While working down in my shop the other week, I was putting away some stuff I had not had a place for, and looked at some "ball stretch cords" I had gotten at Harbor Freight, and a light came on....what was the diameter of the ball on them? I compared it with a ram ball mount ball, and noticed that it was VERY close. I had wanted a way to mount my Canon digital camera
on my dash-mounted ram ball holder to take some riding videos, and was just too cheap to buy the actual ram ball mount. I tried it, and Voila'! it worked like a charm. I drilled it to accept a 1/4-20 X 3/4" bolt, added a lock nut, and I had a way of mounting my camera easily and securely. I used it to make a new auto mount for the GPS as well. Yes, I am Frugal. Here's a link to the item:http://www.harborfreight.com/4-piece-ball-stretch-cord-set-47302.html . Good for attaching lots of other things with the attached bungie cords as well, and are very reasonable.

OP
OP
ddemair
Bike
2010 Honda ST13
While working down in my shop the other week, I was putting away some stuff I had not had a place for, and looked at some "ball stretch cords" I had gotten at Harbor Freight, and a light came on....what was the diameter of the ball on them? I compared it with a ram ball mount ball, and noticed that it was VERY close. I had wanted a way to mount my Canon digital camera
on my dash-mounted ram ball holder to take some riding videos, and was just too cheap to buy the actual ram ball mount. I tried it, and Voila'! it worked like a charm. I drilled it to accept a 1/4-20 X 3/4" bolt, added a lock nut, and I had a way of mounting my camera easily and securely. I used it to make a new auto mount for the GPS as well. Yes, I am Frugal. Here's a link to the item:http://www.harborfreight.com/4-piece-ball-stretch-cord-set-47302.html . Good for attaching lots of other things with the attached bungie cords as well, and are very reasonable.
Thanks for the tip. I like frugal... obviously, since the peanut butter jar cost me nothing

Top Bottom