J&M Bluetooth for J&M CB2003 review

Bike
2019 GL1800
STOC #
I know many don't care for talking on a CB because of numerous reasons, but I love my J&M CB2003--it works awesome! I just upgraded my system with J&M's new bluetooth harness JM DM-IPBT-JC03 $210 from Sierra electronics. Since I have the older version I had to also purchase an adapter harness JM-JMDM-ADT-JCB03 $35. I also had recently purchased a new Zumo 660LM for $345 which came with ALL the goodies.
My plan was to pair all 3 and control all music and phone calls through the Zumo, so far not happening, the J&M bluetooth only seems to pair with one device at a time so I am pairing only my Galaxy S5 with the bluetooth. I want to say it works very well, music is sharper and louder with clarity and hifi stereo. I have my Shoei qwest helmet hardwired with the best upper cord J&M sells which also has a jack that allows me to use foam earbuds for no wind noise. Receiving and making phone calls work great, I will experiment tomorrow with voice command to control music and calls. Here are a few pics of how I wired it, it is not waterproof so I wrapped the dongle with saran wrap and placed in two pint sized zip lock bags zip tied to inside of headlight fairing.
Sorry this is not a high tech style post with a lot of detailed pics.

Attachments

OP
OP
jonjonboo
Bike
2019 GL1800
STOC #
just got off the phone with Garmin and was informed the zumo 660lm does not bluetooth audio from a phone--only phone calls. The 660LM will play ONLY mp3 files from a memory card installed in the gps. The VERY expensive new zumo 590 does all. I guess I will use what I have for now a few more years and wait for the price of 590 to drop. Meanwhile I am happy with talking on my J&M cb and using the phone and music features of my smartphone. Just have to use phone functions--DANG it !!

Bike
07 Yamaha FJR1300AE
I've been using a J&M CB for about 10 years and I still love it even though I still use the cords. After tuning my antenna it's been a very reliable piece of equipment.

OP
OP
jonjonboo
Bike
2019 GL1800
STOC #
I got my J&M CB2003 from Clays radio shop @ 3 years ago. not being new to CB radio's I had Clay's go through it thoroughly checking for bad solder joints and had them "swing" it, maximizing the power output. ($50 extra)
I then bought me a nice stainless steel antenna (fiberglass is el cheapo quality poor performance) I custom built a 1/4 inch T6 aluminum plate fitted over my luggage rack( more metal for performance) and made a 1/4" aluminum mounting bar for my quick disconnect antenna mount. Everything grounded correctly and my swr's tuned to perfection I have a top notch radio. I have on my best weather day talked to another operator just over 100 miles. Every trucker I talk to find it hard to believe I am on a motorcycle.

Top Bottom