No Headlights??? Help

Bike
ST1300 Pan
On the way to work this morning and the headlights just cut out... rode back home and checked the following - no joy; any ideas?

2011 ST13 UK model

Symptoms
1. No Headlights on dipped or main beam (rocker switch in normal or pressed forward position)
2. Main beam comes on (both headlights) when pressing rocker switch and holding down the passing switch
3. Tail lights and brake light work normally
4. x2 little running lights (above headlights) work fine
5. Indicators work fine

Checked
Removed and checked both 10 Amp headlight fuses with multimeter for continuity - All okay
Unscrewed LH switch cluster and sprayed with electrical cleaner and operated all switches

Still no joy - any ideas?

Cheers

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Do UK STs extinguish the headlights while starting the bike? If so the starter switch might need some attention. If not pretend I never said anything.

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Do UK STs extinguish the headlights while starting the bike? If so the starter switch might need some attention. If not pretend I never said anything.
:plus1: There is a little piece of bracket that holds together the headlight shutoff when starting switch. That broke off my sons 05 ST1300 and he had no headlights. He ripped into everything to no avail. I torn into the starter switch and found the problem right off.

OP
OP
Bike
ST1300 Pan
Thanks both, gave both switch housing a good spray with electrical cleaner - 15 mile test ride and all is now working fine :D

thanks again.

cheers

Top Bottom