Stronger clutch springs ST1100

Bike
9 bikes 4ST's
STOC #
Has anyone experiance with ABC cluch springs?
They should be 15% stronger.
Clutch springs are not expensive, but to replace them I expect qiut some effort with the exhaust manifold, so I would like to do it the first time right.

Under full power, riding 2up plus all the holiday gear I feel shatter, slipage over 4500RPM in 4' And during our last
AlpSToc holidays riding up the Swich mountain passes a few times to often.

Our Red USA WeSToc ST1100 never does that under the same circumstances, just the front gets pretty light :)

Motul V300 10W40 special bike oil

Hans

Bike
91 ST1100/06 ST1300
How many miles on your ST1100? If you are having clutch problems, replace the plates also, not just the springs.
Check your master and secondary cylinders. Had one years ago with contamination from really old fluid impeding the full motion of the piston. These were little tiny golden crystal looking things that adhered to the piston and the seal. Nothing wrong with the clutch components. I rebuilt the cylinder and it worked fine.

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
Check the plates; but, be ready to put them back in without swapping in new ones.

The best clutch parts I have heard of are Barnett LINK...

Good luck and let us know what the measurements of the used parts please.

OP
OP
Bike
9 bikes 4ST's
STOC #
Mark,
Thanks for the Barnet link, this could be useful for my still weighting turbo project on ST number 3. The torque I'm looking for with that project will be to much for the standard clutch.
They don't show springs for the ST though, but I will ask them.
Now I see they are in Ventura, a town we stayed during our 2014 WeSToc holiday. If I only had known.

I'l better order a set from EBC and simply compare them with the used original ones, and new original sprigs on the valve spring tester.

Thanks for all suggestions.

Hans

Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPad

Top Bottom