Meguiar's DA Power System - Awesome Results!

Just bought a 2014 Low mileage ST. Only issue were some bug splatters residue on the black paint.
I am a clean freak so I wanted them gone. I have used 3M compound before but it was very labour intensive when using your hand and a cloth. Then I saw an ad for the Meguiar's DA Power System and said what the heck.
It is a small orbital buffer that fits into your drill. Got it home and applied the compound and proceeded to buff the paint. O.M.G. most of the bug splatters ( intestine fluid burn ) were gone to almost gone. Another pass and they were history. Of course with these results I went crazy and attacked other defects on the paint. Great results. I have owned a ST1300 before and the mufflers on all ST's have a square spot near the rear pegs that are kinda a milky looking and not as shiny. Soooooo pulled out the buffer and applied a liberal amount of Autosol and buffed the mufflers. Again
great results. Milky square gone and the rest of the mufflers now have a mirror sheen.

Attachments

Bike
'83 BMW R100RS
STOC #
Just bought a 2014 Low mileage ST. Only issue were some bug splatters residue on the black paint.
I am a clean freak so I wanted them gone. I have used 3M compound before but it was very labour intensive when using your hand and a cloth. Then I saw an ad for the Meguiar's DA Power System and said what the heck.
It is a small orbital buffer that fits into your drill. Got it home and applied the compound and proceeded to buff the paint. O.M.G. most of the bug splatters ( intestine fluid burn ) were gone to almost gone. Another pass and they were history. Of course with these results I went crazy and attacked other defects on the paint. Great results. I have owned a ST1300 before and the mufflers on all ST's have a square spot near the rear pegs that are kinda a milky looking and not as shiny. Soooooo pulled out the buffer and applied a liberal amount of Autosol and buffed the mufflers. Again
great results. Milky square gone and the rest of the mufflers now have a mirror sheen.

Howdy K/W - thanks for the tip! I have used Meguir's Mirror-glaze (sp??) on my earlier bikes (plus the good ole' armstrong buffing system) with excellent results on bugs. Nowadays it is sold at any CTC store etc. but then you could only get it at airports because they used it on airplane windsheilds.

Anyhow - I am going to give that buffer a try. Now what sort of 3M compound was it?

OP
OP
K/W Motoman
Howdy K/W - thanks for the tip! I have used Meguir's Mirror-glaze (sp??) on my earlier bikes (plus the good ole' armstrong buffing system) with excellent results on bugs. Nowadays it is sold at any CTC store etc. but then you could only get it at airports because they used it on airplane windsheilds.

Anyhow - I am going to give that buffer a try. Now what sort of 3M compound was it?
Canadian Tire has the buffer on sale right now! I read a review on th 3M compound and found it at a Auto Body supply store. Had it for years using by hand power but it wasn't until I got the little buffer that things started to happen.
The Meguires Compound is what I use next. I only have the Mequires only because I wanted second foam disk.
One for Autosol and the mufflers and one for the paint.
Next I want to find a great wax to finish it off. I have a collection of waxes but nothing stands out as great.
I'll have to read some reviews over the winter. I once saw a bike with 26 coats of liquid glass and it was awesome but when I tried taking off the glaze it was terribly messy and labour intensive.

Attachments

Top Bottom