first time on my ST1100 today!

Bike
ST1100 1994
It was delivered today, it was not raining for once so I could have a short ride. very good, just that the position will need getting used to as my other bikes are a cruiser and a scooter. This feels more like a British bike from the old days in the seat and bars etc. I need to remove the plastic on the bars and rotate the bars so the ends will be a little higher. First attempt to take the plastic off failed, another try tomorrow. VERY good condition for a 21 year old as well, next I will get a Bagster tank cover, then a proper loud horn.

Last edited:
OP
OP
goggleboy
Bike
ST1100 1994
was it a real Bagster cover? The seat is OK, looks like a new one . I might only need a small uplift from rotation. I am getting a laminar lip deflector so I won't have to lean forward so much anyway.

OP
OP
goggleboy
Bike
ST1100 1994
I want to try just a rotation of the bars first, in fact I am tall (6'3") and can place both feet flat on the ground. I might not need anything except to get accustomed to a new position. My main problem now is to remove the plastic cover, I will try again today .

OP
OP
goggleboy
Bike
ST1100 1994
I managed to get the plastic cover off and rotated the bars to raise the ends about 2 - 3 inches, feels better but I need a run to find out, but another day of rain, and no wet roads either with a new Storm tyre on the back.

Slydynbye

Will ride for Pie
Bike
2000 ABSII
STOC #

Outlaws

Outlawarrior
Bike
'91 ST1100
STOC #
Welcome and congrats on the new to you ST1100.

Biggest issue I had when I first got mine was the bars being to narrow to be comfortable.

Found the solution with this set of grips and stainless bar ends that are the same diameter. Ride with my third finder on the seam on both sides, works great for me...

And Givi tank bag for the road.

Enjoy the ride!

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
OP
goggleboy
Bike
ST1100 1994
My bike has a set of ends , like that about 2" long. I will see how the alteration is, and I know where to buy the risers mentioned by Slydynbye over here. No chance yet of a ride, rain and very high winds.

Top Bottom