Seat Thoughts

I'm thinking of getting a heated seat kit for my 1300, which I've seen on Amazon and ebay. Some come with a temperature controller- more on that in a sec...

Let me explain my thinking...My Pan doesn't have a lights switch, BUT my Blackbird does. By swapping the switchgear, I could have a light switch on the Pan and remove the chance of it being turned off by accident on the Bird- 2 birds, 1 stone. I actually prefer not having a lights switch, as I want it on all the time, without the risk of it being turned off accidentally. However, if I were to have a light switch on the Pan, would be feasible to convert it into a 2 stage switch for the heated seat? I really like the standard look on my bikes, which this would allow, whilst giving me a cool mod- that's my thinking anyway.

Any ideas how I might go about it? Has anyone had success with these kits?

Bike
2010 ST1300
I don't know for sure, but I would expect that the light switch is not a two pole switch - i.e. a single hot feeds the switch and there are two loads - high and low beams*. You feed either of the two loads with the switch. If this is indeed the case, then you would turn off the light when you switched to the other position (your heated seat). Since your heated seat probably has one heating circuit, using this switch for the seat alone would not give you two heat levels. Just my surmise, the reality might be different.

It is also possible that I completely misunderstood your idea, in which case, just ignore the above.....grin.

*This switch would be called a single pole, double throw switch.

Top Bottom