Oops I did it again !

OP
OP
ToddC

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
Yup, thats my logo! Good deal on a nice bike Todd!

Pete
Thanks Pete,.
It's been fun, just wish it was warmer here so I could at least work on them . Going to be below Zero at night the next few days and only low teens during the day......And no heat in the shop...brrrrrrrr

ToddC

PS,. Great logo by the way.....Buy the damn bike.!!!!!!

Hi, I haven't painted ST Plastics, but have with previous bikes. So long as the prep is good then you would be onto a winner. - AND much cheaper than replacing the tupperware!

Bike
05 ST1300 abs
It is a sickness....:biker:. Red is the fastest! What projects you have going??

ToddC
I have a modest machine shop in my basement. I just popped ( Dec 23) for a new , hi quality South Bend bench lathe. I've had my buddies & their sons over helping me carry out the old one & slide the new one down a 9' jerry rigged ramp into my basement.

Today I got it mounted on my lathe table w/ some pre-planned rigging, rented chain hoistIMG_5655.jpg & help from my wonderful, understanding wife.

Now all I have to do is remove the cosmoline, put on a 120volt plug, do a break-in procedure for the spindle at each speed, level the bed, bolt it to the table, read the owner's manual, learn how to use it & spend lots more $$$ on tooling........oh & make some things.

I'll be busy for quite a while!!

My friends & neighbors are really nice about my disease.

Jack

OP
OP
ToddC

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
I have a modest machine shop in my basement. I just popped ( Dec 23) for a new , hi quality South Bend bench lathe. I've had my buddies & their sons over helping me carry out the old one & slide the new one down a 9' jerry rigged ramp into my basement.

Today I got it mounted on my lathe table w/ some pre-planned rigging, rented chain hoistIMG_5655.jpg & help from my wonderful, understanding wife.

Now all I have to do is remove the cosmoline, put on a 120volt plug, do a break-in procedure for the spindle at each speed, level the bed, bolt it to the table, read the owner's manual, learn how to use it & spend lots more $$$ on tooling........oh & make some things.

I'll be busy for quite a while!!

My friends & neighbors are really nice about my disease.

Jack
Nice set up!
I grew up in a machine shop. Welding since 5th grade and access to lots of cool machines and tools. Didn't know what I had available to me till Dad sold the business and retired. That was over 26 years ago. Good luck with the learning curve......

ToddC

Bike
VStrom 650
Jack,
Looks like a proper man cave. But I can't see the beer fridge.
Just one thing though, you know you are NOT going to read the manual......
Upt'North.

OP
OP
ToddC

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
Just worked on Hi Ho again. Small coolant leak on top. Pulled the air box, had to replace a screw and plastic tube on the air intake after buggering it up on removal. Bike now runs perfect....And no known issues.

But I don't need three bikes anymore. Will be putting this one up for sale soon. Let me know if you know anyone who might be interested.

ToddC

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Just worked on Hi Ho again. Small coolant leak on top. Pulled the air box, had to replace a screw and plastic tube on the air intake after buggering it up on removal. Bike now runs perfect....And no known issues.

But I don't need three bikes anymore. Will be putting this one up for sale soon. Let me know if you know anyone who might be interested.

ToddC
Glad to hear you got it squared away! :D

Dave.David

Rider
Bike
05,ST1300-04VTX1800R
STOC #

SupraSabre

Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Hi Supra Sabre, do you remember this post? From Jan 2016. Link dose not work anymore. I've been thinking about a chunk of rubber like a matt but if there is something better I'd like to know. Thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Dave,

Yeah, the guy that made those wound up with health issues, so he doesn't make them any more.

I'm not sure what he used to make them from, but I have them mounted on my 2004#1, 2010 & my 2012. It just blocks stuff coming off your rear tire being thrown up in the area of the shock and front part of the swingarm. Next tire change I can try to get a pattern from one.

Dave.David

Rider
Bike
05,ST1300-04VTX1800R
STOC #
Dave,

Yeah, the guy that made those wound up with health issues, so he doesn't make them any more.

I'm not sure what he used to make them from, but I have them mounted on my 2004#1, 2010 & my 2012. It just blocks stuff coming off your rear tire being thrown up in the area of the shock and front part of the swingarm. Next tire change I can try to get a pattern from one.
Thank you, that would help. Obviously it's the way of attaching, then maybe size I'm interested in.

SupraSabre

Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Thank you, that would help. Obviously it's the way of attaching, then maybe size I'm interested in.
You drill two holes in the plastic fender and put in two plastic rivets. It's mounted...;)

But best if you wait when you do a tire change, since you really need the tire out of the way when you install.

shock protector

Dave.David

Rider
Bike
05,ST1300-04VTX1800R
STOC #
You drill two holes in the plastic fender and put in two plastic rivets. It's mounted...;)

But best if you wait when you do a tire change, since you really need the tire out of the way when you install.

shock protector
Perfect, just the image I had in mind. All I have to do is take measurements and find the right material. I have been thinking about this sense my last tire change which was my 1st tire change on my ST.

OP
OP
ToddC

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
For sale....IMG_20170501_095045.jpg...$3425. Cost plus parts.
Ready to ride cross country!!
to forum members only !!!
Bike is in great shape. Will need rear tire in 1500 miles or so.
IMG_20170501_095210.jpgNo Corbin trunk. Trunk for sale separately.

ToddC

Last edited:
OP
OP
ToddC

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
Well, Hi Ho has found a new home. Nice gentleman from around here now owns her.
IMG_20170501_095045.jpg. Was a fun project.

PS. He didn't buy the trunk or tinted windows screen. Make offer if interested.

ToddC

SupraSabre

Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
As they say on TV, "Time to find another House ... I mean ST1300... to flip! :rofl1:

Top Bottom