access for changing a r. brake switch

Have to change out my rear wheel brake switch&spring. But, because of home owners assoc. rules, I have to do it out in the desert.Today I looked at the area and it seems the only way is in, thru the tank cavity. I've had the tank out many times, but if there's an easter way, I would love to know about it.

OP
OP
No garage and not allowed to do repairs in one's driveway. Even changing fluids ist verboten.......there are times when it bites big time.....but on ballance, I'm quite pleased to be here

Last edited:

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R
STOC #
No garage and not allowed to do repairs in one's driveway. Even changing fluids ist verboten...
Resident at Lake-view Terrace? ;-)

The 35350-GBG-505 is attached to a tab at the footrest-plate, for access removal of RH side cover should be sufficient... agree on spring being fiddling though...

Bike
ST1100 1994
I once lived in a small apartment at Hove, Brighton, UK. We all had parking spaces in the side and middle of the VERY wide street, but when I tried to replace a hose on my old Ford, the Law appeared and showed me the sign "No Street Mechanics" . It was famed as a very "posh" area for retired colonels but is now a nest of hipsters.

Bike
ST1300
STOC #
Have to change out my rear wheel brake switch&spring. But, because of home owners assoc. rules, I have to do it out in the desert....
Have you ever thought about having a garage built on your lot? You don't happen to have a fenced-in back yard do you? This thread reminds me of how much I like my garage (most of the time anyway).

OP
OP
I've had the rt side cover off. To zero in on what was the problem. Fiddled with the switch a bit- kinda wrote it off since I couldn't see enough to figure out how to change it. The parts are in transit so when they arrive, I'll pull it again with the intent of changing it from/with the rt side cover off- should be a rich learning experience if nothing else.

OP
OP
Well, just finished the change. Went a heckva lot easier that I imagined. Right side inspection , and pivot covers pulled and it was under 10minuets- including checking my work. A pair of needle nose pliers , 10mm wrench, as well as the hex wrench. ..... 24called it! Thanks to all

Top Bottom