Tokyo 2015 New Honda Lineup

OP
OP
tawilke46
Bike
2010 Honda NT700V
Aw, geez, I just couldn't help myself, had to watch this video. The rider was certainly favorably impressed.......maybe cause he is desperate to sell one. I am not into the appearance of this machine at all, like he says the Bat Cycle look. But have to admit Honda has done a good job on the mechanical and operational side of the equation. Now to translate that to other more desireable bikes! Gotta get off of YouTube.......

http://youtu.be/neBDe2N0IbQ

Bike
2018 NC750X
STOC #
I believe the wing also has a special windshield "de-icing" feature for certain southern California riders.... LOL

Bike
2018 NC750X
STOC #
Aw, geez, I just couldn't help myself, had to watch this video. The rider was certainly favorably impressed.......maybe cause he is desperate to sell one. I am not into the appearance of this machine at all, like he says the Bat Cycle look. But have to admit Honda has done a good job on the mechanical and operational side of the equation. Now to translate that to other more desireable bikes! Gotta get off of YouTube.......

http://youtu.be/neBDe2N0IbQ
It's official... the entire Honda design team is doing drugs... OMG!

rjs987

Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
2022 Kymco AK 550
2024 Miles
STOC #
A windshield wiper on the Wing? :(
The 750 looks good.
There have been a few Wings I know of overseas (non-USA) that have a wiper on the shield. I also knew of one place (can't remember now) where I could get one for my Wing... when I had a Wing.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
I stopped to throw a couple of bags in the microwave as soon as I saw the subject line.

Bike
2005 ST1300
So on the wing with the wiper, does the windshield have a way to live through that abuse or does it have to be replaced each time the wiper gets used? :confused:

Bike
91 ST1100/06 ST1300
I did not know that!
When politics dictates what must come with bikes................
Remember back to the mid 1970's when DOT tried to mandate safety features? Some of the forward leaning suggestions were: 360 degree ring of flashing lights, a 5 foot high light pole mounted to the rear of the bike, bicycle style flag that must remain erect at highway speeds (then 55mph), TRAINING WHEELS, seat belts, roll cages, orange or yellow riding gear, max speed of 35 mph....The only suggestion that stuck was the 80 mph speedometer. Eventually the whole exercise was discontinued after even the administration saw it as an expensive, embarrassing clown show.
I prefer to purchase what I think is appropriate, not what someone who has never ridden thinks is a cool idea, or what politically connected gadget salesmen want legislated.

Sorry...no wiper.

Bike
91 ST1100/06 ST1300
Even a blind pig finds an acorn every once in a while... LOL
I guess the older we get, the more we resist change...
Don't mind change, myself...created enough of it while I was working in aircraft design/development. Better is wonderful. 'Different' with no associated gain is a waste of resources. 'Different' that eliminates the need to perform (attention, physical activity, thought, perception of reality, false security, problem solving...) is a crime against our species...one which we embrace with enthusiasm.

BakerBoy

It's all small stuff.
STOC #
Don't mind change, myself...created enough of it while I was working in aircraft design/development. Better is wonderful. 'Different' with no associated gain is a waste of resources. 'Different' that eliminates the need to perform (attention, physical activity, thought, perception of reality, false security, problem solving...) is a crime against our species...one which we embrace with enthusiasm.
:yes: Some great words of wisdom there!

Bike
07 ST1300
What do you guys think about about the 2015 Cross tourer ?
It looks really good to me besides a driveshaft recall .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reginald

cyclepoke
Bike
ST1300
STOC #
'Different' with no associated gain is a waste of resources.
With me, you, and most on this forum this is true. But the millennials seem to like that ugly bat wing. Went to a motorcycle shop in Dallas to ogle a Motus. My son hated the Motus, but was in love with that Honda bat wing, no accounting for tastes. I've seen some bat wings on the road in Austin, millennials were riding them.

ST13Fred

Fred
Bike
2015 Motus MST
... millennials seem to like that ugly bat wing. Went to a motorcycle shop in Dallas to ogle a Motus. My son hated the Motus, but was in love with that Honda bat wing. I've seen some bat wings on the road in Austin, millennials were riding them.
The older Honda R&D guard has retired and replaced by millennials. Preferring the bat wing over a Motus is scary to fathom.

Top Bottom