New G6 H4 with SHIELD is now availible - no glare no scatter.

Bike
2006 ST1300A
Tip- Extra EZ Pass "velcro" pieces are free if you sign into your account and go to "accessories" tab and order some!
IMG_20170426_095351531_HDR.jpg
Nice! I tucked & tie-wrapped mine behind the black inner panels on my ST1300 in January, 2016 without regard to heating other wires. No issue yet, but I may have to remount them like you have done. I have plenty of that style "velcro" in hand. Thanks!.

Bike
2008 ST1300
STOC #
I don't think the boxes will get hot enough to damage any touching wires as long as there is some air flow, even behind the inner panels, but heat is the enemy of electronics. Paid some attention to this because I saw Cyclops puts cooling fins on their reg box.

Last night I heard a fan buzzing noise coming from the right side... Another poster reported the same issue pages ago. Wiggling the wires going into the fan could make it better, or stop the fan all together! I'm going to pop the cover off tonight and check things out. Pretty sure will just need to retain internal wiring from going where it shouldn't.

Checked out a buddy's Cyclops H4's last night they sure are nice. I figured maybe worth $20 more, but then he reminded me they are $65 EACH. Loving the G6, even if there's a bit of fiddling required!

Bike
2008 ST1300
STOC #
Took the back cover off the lamp that was making a noise like something was interfering with the fan... Ends up the blue wire wasn't staying tucked under the keeper, so I relocated and put a dab of superglue on it.
IMG_20170428_074344006_HDR.jpg

Dave.David

Rider
Bike
05,ST1300-04VTX1800R
STOC #
Re: New G6 H4 LED bulb with SHIELD is now availible - no glare no scatter.

I just installed mine last night taking out the blue HID bulbs the PO put in just before I bought it in December. OMG what a difference in brightness. I'm looking forward to my next night ride.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
Well, one set installed and working and two to go! It takes me about 1 hour to 'extract' the ST1100 headlight unit. The big pain is the two bolts that attach the right and left upper fairing to the bottom of the headlight. Once I get them out, I don't ever put them back as it doesn't cause any harm. It is a lot easier to fuss with the wire bail and install the G6s on the bench instead of on the bike. You can see the clearances needed and adjust accordingly.

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
Just finished ABSII number 1! Just a little trickier as to how to hang the regulators with the ABS computer in the midst of it. After doing two, I'm still convinced removing the headlight assembly (though it is a bit more work) is the easiest way on an ST1100. Bending the wire bails is pretty much a 'trial and error' process to make sure they will still unhook if necessary but not get in the way of the G6 fan units. I believe I would have spent as much time trying to do it without removing the headlight and would have been a lot more frustrated at the end of the process. :D ABSII number 2 will have to wait since I'm taking it to CampSToc Thursday. I learned a long time ago not to work on a bike that I am planning on riding on a trip in a week unless I have to do it! ;-)

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Got my G6's yesterday, will be installing tonight. Will gladly suffer a few cuts and bruises if I can get them in without pulling any plastic! lol
So, from what I can gather after reading through all 40 pages after I ordered:
1) You MAY have to bend the end of the bale to clear the fan/rubber boot.
2) You MAY have to cut the plastic tabs (or over ride them) on the lamp itself and/or bend the little reflectors in order to get the proper horizontal alignment.
Whoa, this should be fun!
I installed the LEDs in my 2004#2 this weekend. I did it while the headlight was not mounted yet, so I could get to things pretty easily. I first mounted one of the headlights without the rubber and sure enough, the bail touches the fan housing. But I didn't think it was enough to cause any issues, although I went ahead and adjusted that one. I decided it wasn't enough, so the second one I didn't make any adjustments.

Bike
2008 ST1300
STOC #
I didn't think it was enough to cause any issues, although I went ahead and adjusted that one. I decided it wasn't enough, so the second one I didn't make any adjustments.
Is the one you adjusted the right side by any chance? That was the first one I checked, and found interference. Didn't bother to check the left side, just bent the bails similar.
It's hard to believe that there is enough variance in these parts that some interfere and others don't?
Even though from the inside it didn't look like it was having a large effect, when viewing the lamp base from the front looking towards the reflector it was quite noticeably not seating correctly.

SupraSabre

Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Is the one you adjusted the right side by any chance? That was the first one I checked, and found interference. Didn't bother to check the left side, just bent the bails similar.
It's hard to believe that there is enough variance in these parts that some interfere and others don't?
Even though from the inside it didn't look like it was having a large effect, when viewing the lamp base from the front looking towards the reflector it was quite noticeably not seating correctly.
I'm thinking it was the leftside I did. I didn't notice any difference from the front.

SupraSabre

Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
I just got back from at 6,700+ mile trip and the Eviteks worked like a champ with no problems. And I did hit some pretty nasty 'frost' heaves along the way and they never faltered.
Yeah, I did my 2,500 mile trip up to Oregon, hit 110F peak with 108F for a couple of hours, no issues (now that I found out what wiped my first set of them in the 2012! :D

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
Yeah, I did my 2,500 mile trip up to Oregon, hit 110F peak with 108F for a couple of hours, no issues (now that I found out what wiped my first set of them in the 2012! :D
Yeppers, I hit some pretty 'hot' spots myself on this trip :D -

Attachments

SupraSabre

Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Yeppers, I hit some pretty 'hot' spots myself on this trip :D -
I tried to avoid as much as possible, so we took Oregon US101 up the coast, but it took us FOREVER! Coming home I rode down the middle of CA on US99 from Sacramento, but it was at night, 85F or so all the way to Gorman! :D

Bike
2005/06/07 ST1300
Just ordered a set of Evitek LED Headlight Bulbs for Cars Motorcycles- Hi/Lo Beam H4 9003- Plug n Play, 40W 6500K Pure White OSRAM Chip LED Bulbs for my ride. Hope these are the right ones. Amazon says should be in end of this month or further on. Oh well a good price if they work like people on here are saying.

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
I installed a set of G6s last fall in the ST. Now I have one flickering on high beam. You can see the light emitters flicking on and off. It's fine on low beam. I got the set in a barter trade with someone so no warranty for me.

Anyone else have a similar problem with Eviteks?

Top Bottom