New G6 H4 with SHIELD is now availible - no glare no scatter.

Bike
07 ST1300
OK late to the party here. Have we decided on a best answer for the St1300 LED headlights? Is there one best answer?

paulcb

- - - Tetelestai - - - R.I.P. - 2022/05/26
Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
OK late to the party here. Have we decided on a best answer for the St1300 LED headlights? Is there one best answer?
Seems from lurking in several mc forums, LED headlight threads are the new oil threads. ;)

st11ray

2006 ST1300
Bike
'06 ST1300
STOC #
ST11ray

I am not sure why your right side would be different than the left if both low beams are good. check the mounting and make sure that the mounting plates are flush and that the bulb is level and square. I did get one bulb that was not centered in its mounting (leaning tower of Pisa). post pictures of the beam pattern on a wall so I can see how far it is off.

Now there are more lights available and I am testing these. So far I am happy with them and they give you other choices.

I am running one H4 in my ST1300 and a pair of 9006 in my suburban. Very sharp cut off pattern and tight beam.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01EY6KXK2?tag=viglink20849-20&th=1

and I am trying one of these in my DRZ400. It has a fuzzy cut off pattern and a broad beam (the big COB problem) but it is 22 watts lo and 37 watts hi beam. great for off road or canyon carving.

https://www.amazon.com/Automotive-Headlight-Conversion-Lifetime-Replacement/dp/B01EWJA3N8/ref=pd_sbs_263_7?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B01EWJA3N8&pd_rd_r=NJA1PWFEK3MFRKARB9BG&pd_rd_w=9HhsF&pd_rd_wg=D591C&refRID=NJA1PWFEK3MFRKARB9BG&th=1

Nice to have choices.
I haven't had time to mess with it much during the holidays. Here is a picture with the new bulbs in and one new LED driving light along with one of my old Hella FF50's. I also have one of the position bulbs in LED in this picture.

Attachments

Bike
2005 st1300
I also just ordered a set from Cindy.
Just a heads up... Cindy told me she would send me an email with tracking info when my lights shipped. After a week went by with no word, I politely asked when she thought they would be shipped and she sent me an email back with a picture of the posted package and said that it was sent a week ago and that I need to be patient... LOL. I just laughed and left it at that. It sounds like she may have a hectic job. They are on the way. Just thought I would let you know in case the same happens to you and you start wondering like I did.

drrod

Site Supporter
Bike
'04 ST1300
STOC #
When buying from China, you need to have a different set of expectations than you do with Amazon. Communication is hit and miss most of the time and their postal service is chaos. I have received things and info just like from Amazon and stuff that has arrived before they said it was shipped. And, anywhere from 5 days to 4 months to never. All things that have to be considered when you decide when and what to buy.

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
I ordered two sets from Amazon...they were here in like a week or less. Now I just have to find the time to mount one set on the 2012. :eek:4:

Bike
2016 Versys 1000
STOC #
When buying from China, you need to have a different set of expectations than you do with Amazon. Communication is hit and miss most of the time and their postal service is chaos. I have received things and info just like from Amazon and stuff that has arrived before they said it was shipped. And, anywhere from 5 days to 4 months to never. All things that have to be considered when you decide when and what to buy.
I've ordered quite a bit of stuff from China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, etc. It usually gets here (Vancouver) in a few days, then CBSA takes forever to go through all the mail.

Bike
2005 st1300
I've ordered quite a bit of stuff from China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, etc. It usually gets here (Vancouver) in a few days, then CBSA takes forever to go through all the mail.
Yes, I agree that is often the case. These lights left China within a couple of days of payment. The wait now is clearance and shipping in Canada... no biggie, the bike isnt moving for another month or so.

Bike
1&2 2005 ST1300ABS's
STOC #
Just a heads up... Cindy told me she would send me an email with tracking info when my lights shipped. After a week went by with no word, I politely asked when she thought they would be shipped and she sent me an email back with a picture of the posted package and said that it was sent a week ago and that I need to be patient... LOL. I just laughed and left it at that. It sounds like she may have a hectic job. They are on the way. Just thought I would let you know in case the same happens to you and you start wondering like I did.
Do you have them now, when did you pay for them, when were they shipped.

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
Dean - The reason I ask is that the ABSII has a lot more 'stuff' in that space between the back of the headlights and the speedo/tach/gauges - plumbing and the ABS computer. Did you have to do the 'tab' rearrangement on the G6 units since the ST1100 is not a standard H4?

Top Bottom