New G6 H4 with SHIELD is now availible - no glare no scatter.

Bike
'16 or '08 Goldwing
send a e-mail to cindy@evitekhid.com and order them direct. I used the subject line "G6 H4 led headlight from Cindy" I have ordered 3 sets direct from her.
Thanks Dan - just ordered a set from Cindy for my 1300 (only $40 including shipping) - hope I don't have to wait too long (looks like they are coming from China)

Also ordered the LED replacement lights for the corners from Amazon, that someone posted on here earlier. I'll post up how it works out.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Also ordered the LED replacement lights for the corners from Amazon, that someone posted on here earlier. I'll post up how it works out.
I'm kind of curious as to the hot-setup for LED positioning lights. Early on I got two different bulbs (not sets :( ) to try but didn't realize that they'd be a little tough to install. So I haven't tried.

Starting with the Switchback LEDs in my front turn signals/running lights the other lights look near-yellow! LOL

skipcurt

Skip
Bike
'18 BMW R1200 GSA
STOC #
I'm kind of curious as to the hot-setup for LED positioning lights. Early on I got two different bulbs (not sets :( ) to try but didn't realize that they'd be a little tough to install. So I haven't tried.

Starting with the Switchback LEDs in my front turn signals/running lights the other lights look near-yellow! LOL
They are just plug N play also. Very easy job. Just be careful to not let the old bulb fall into (forward) the housing. It's a real pain to get back out. Believe me, I know.

Skip

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
ST-V4ever said:
just ordered a set from Cindy for my 1300 (only $40 including shipping) - hope I don't have to wait too long (looks like they are coming from China)
Just did the same.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Hm. No love from Cindy. I sent off an email requesting ordering information but no reply so far. Is it something I said?? :lol:

Bike
'03 ST1300
Hm. No love from Cindy. I sent off an email requesting ordering information but no reply so far. Is it something I said?? :lol:
Maybe the time differential. I emailed her earlier this week (early in the day) and she was Cindy-on-the-spot. Ordered two sets and she replied promptly to all my messages.
If you haven't heard something by tomorrow, it might be personal...
Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Noting the times of my two posts time differential isn't the issue. I checked my spam folder and nothing there. I'll try again.

Bike
'16 or '08 Goldwing
Thanks Dan - just ordered a set from Cindy for my 1300 (only $40 including shipping) - hope I don't have to wait too long (looks like they are coming from China)

Got my bulbs today, that I ordered from Cindy. Now to get them installed...

Edit: Nope - got the corner bulbs from Amazon today. The main bulbs from Cindy just landed in Chicago - probably a couple days out yet.
Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Still no love from Cindy. I'll have to send another email. As always details of an install plus pics if possible are always welcome!

I don't know if you've ever replaced those little position bulbs in the headlight nacelle (I haven't) but word on the street is that at some point of the removal (?) or install it's possible to pop them out of the holder and into the headlight area.

Bike
'16 or '08 Goldwing
Still no love from Cindy. I'll have to send another email. As always details of an install plus pics if possible are always welcome!

I don't know if you've ever replaced those little position bulbs in the headlight nacelle (I haven't) but word on the street is that at some point of the removal (?) or install it's possible to pop them out of the holder and into the headlight area.
Hmmm... Sounds like maybe some tape and string might be good insurance during that procedure. [emoji52]

Bike
2006 ST1300
Re: New G6 H4 LED bulb with SHIELD is now availible - no glare no scatter.

The best insurance is to remove the side plastics so that you can easily remove the boot with the bulb. If you manage to drop the bulb in there, I imagine you'll spend far more time figuring out how to remove it than had you removed the plastics in the first place. Once you have your fingers on the rubber boot, you'll have enough dexterity to remove those little bulbs with no issue.

Joel

Bike
'16 or '08 Goldwing

Got the bulbs on Monday this week - so, 2.5 weeks for delivery. Having difficulty getting them installed satisfactorily. Will elaborate....

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
I dropped one of the small bulbs in to the headlight once. Took me less than a half minute to fish it out. You just have to have the right tool!

a long hemostat

Bike
'16 or '08 Goldwing

Got the bulbs on Monday this week - so, 2.5 weeks for delivery. Having difficulty getting them installed satisfactorily. Will elaborate....

I think I figured it out (shoulda read this whole thread first) the bulbs I took out had the large tab bent to make them fit - so i followed suit with Evitek bulbs...

...Will try using the posted instructions here...

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
The large tab is the one that should have remained untouched. It's the two smaller lower tabs that need to be bent or clipped. If that lower tab wasn't bent how'd the heck did that bulb even fit? And what of the other tab?

I still have to give Cindy another chance.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
SupraSabre said:
I dropped one of the small bulbs in to the headlight once. Took me less than a half minute to fish it out.
Was the headlight assembly installed on the bike?

Bike
'16 or '08 Goldwing
The large tab is the one that should have remained untouched. It's the two smaller lower tabs that need to be bent or clipped. If that lower tab wasn't bent how'd the heck did that bulb even fit? And what of the other tab?

I still have to give Cindy another chance.
Yup - followed the directions on this thread (bent the big tab back out and bent the other 2 tabs in) and...
WALAA! It seems like a plug-n-play deal now! The headlight pattern looks real good.

Bike
2005 ST1300
STOC #
I installed these Evitek lights and really like them. The output is great and the white light looks good with the white switch back turn signals. The only question I have is has anyone noticed moisture gathering on the inside of the lens unit. I rode in fog this morning and when leaving work I noticed moisture on the inside of the lens. I rode home 30min and they appeared clear. I assume the fans on the LED lights cleared the moisture.

Jeff

Top Bottom