2nd Dunlop Roadsmart tire failure

Bike
1997 ST1100
2[SUP]nd[/SUP] Dunlop Roadsmart tire failure

May 2015 I bought a 1997 Honda ST1100 ABS-II/TCS/LBS with 49k on the clock the Dunlop Roadsmarks had good tread but the age was unknown so I ordered a new set of Roadsmart II from Bike Bandit for $113 Front and $144 Rear. The plan was to burn off the old tires on level straight roads before replacing them with new ones.
After about 1000 miles (50,000 total) the front tire started to bubble on the center of the tire face. So I replaced the old Roadsmarts with new Roadsmart II. After 2,000 miles I would lose about 2-3 pounds of tire pressure per week in the front tire, I could never find the leak so I would check the PSI before each ride and add as needed. At about 5,000 miles I found a small piece of wire in the center face of the tire, I removed and plugged. The next week I found 4 more small leaks, while probing one of the leaks I found a wire when I pulled it out I discovered that it was the tires steel belt that I was pulling out. Also after close examination I discovered bubbles forming in the center face of the front tire. I contacted ?Bike Bandit? and told them about the tire and they said that they would contact Dunlop for me, after they contacted Dunlop Bike Bandit offered me a new tire or a full refund. After 2 Roadsmart failures I plan on replacing with something like Bridgestone Battle ax T30-GT or something like that.

Attachments

Bike
07 ST1300
I really don't care for my roadsmart2 front. I got it sent free from dunlop to replace a RS1 that came on my bike. I actually liked the RS1 fine. The 2 not so much.
Now I like it less!

Top Bottom