Too snowy today for two wheels

Bike
2001 ST1100
STOC #
Yep snow in Seattle, improbable comeback by NE in the Super Bowl... surely the signs of the apocalypse. :-D

Back to good ol' rain here, be back on the bike tomorrow or Friday.:nanner1:

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
Beautiful views Todd.
I'm now sorry I didn't have time to come visit your place last Sept!

85F here today... ;)

sky.high

Site Supporter
Bike
The Honda of the day
STOC #
I've been on two wheels most of this winter, riding my snow blower, it's been brutal !!

Gerhard

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 R1200RT
Yesterday morning it was too lousy out for even two feet. Drove to town got out of the van in parking lot covered by black ice, I was on the ground before I even new it was slippery both elbows hit the ground hard. I was not even sure I could get up, the pain shot from elbow to shoulder. Everything turned out ok but still hurts today as well as a headache, fortunately the head did not receive a hard blow. I was wearing winter coat but still ended up with both elbows bleeding and one knee with a good scrape. Went home and taking today off as well. Too bad my winter coat has no body armour.

Gerhard

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Yesterday morning it was too lousy out for even two feet. Drove to town got out of the van in parking lot covered by black ice, I was on the ground before I even new it was slippery both elbows hit the ground hard. I was not even sure I could get up, the pain shot from elbow to shoulder. Everything turned out ok but still hurts today as well as a headache, fortunately the head did not receive a hard blow. I was wearing winter coat but still ended up with both elbows bleeding and one knee with a good scrape. Went home and taking today off as well. Too bad my winter coat has no body armour.

Gerhard
Dang, what a bummer! Glad you saved the head though! This is one of the reasons I'm really having a hard time trying to figure out where I would want to move to if I left SoCal! It's either super hot or super cold everywhere else! :eek:4:

OP
OP
ToddC

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
L
Beautiful views Todd.
I'm now sorry I didn't have time to come visit your place last Sept!

85F here today... ;)
Beautiful temperature Mark !!!! I will come visit .... Soon!!!! :)

OP
OP
ToddC

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
Much nicer today......
_20170210_092454.jpg. This was the same shot yesterday..._20170208_143600.jpg freezing rain on top of snow..:confused:

ToddC

SupraSabre

Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Much nicer today......
_20170210_092454.jpg. This was the same shot yesterday..._20170208_143600.jpg freezing rain on top of snow..:confused:

ToddC
Are you taking that through the window or are you actually going outside in the COLD to take the pictures? ;)

KTD1911

R.I.P. - 2020/10/13
Rest In Peace
Bike
2018 can am spyderf3
Going for ride today in KS expected high of 61 degrees :)

OP
OP
ToddC

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
Lws
Are you taking that through the window or are you actually going outside in the COLD to take the pictures? ;)
That is the view from the kitchen door looking towards the east, and the neighbor's hangers. The other view is west towards the lake. It hit a whopping 51 degrees in the sun today

ToddC

SupraSabre

Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Lws
That is the view from the kitchen door looking towards the east, and the neighbor's hangers. The other view is west towards the lake. It hit a whopping 51 degrees in the sun today

ToddC
Well, it's only 63F in SD and 66F in Murrieta and I'm about to head home to beat the next rain storm that will be hitting us around 6pm!

Reginald

cyclepoke
Bike
ST1300
STOC #
I'd be out riding now but my ST is in pieces waiting on parts, it was 77 F in Georgetown, TX today. In the Texas and Oklahoma Pan Handles it was over 80 F with one reported 91 F, don't think I've ever seen that before in early Feb.

OP
OP
ToddC

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
I'd be out riding now but my ST is in pieces waiting on parts, it was 77 F in Georgetown, TX today. In the Texas and Oklahoma Pan Handles it was over 80 F with one reported 91 F, don't think I've ever seen that before in early Feb.
Now you are just being mean....!:D

SupraSabre

Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Now you are just being mean....!:D
Funny how that works out...one has SERVERAL running bikes and can't ride due to weather. The other has GREAT weather and no bike to ride!

There's something wrong with this picture!:think1:

OP
OP
ToddC

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
Funny how that works out...one has SERVERAL running bikes and can't ride due to weather. The other has GREAT weather and no bike to ride!

There's something wrong with this picture!:think1:
You are a very wise and funny man..........I think...;)

Bike
2006 ST1300
The past two days here in Denver have been 75 & 80 degrees so I unplugged the BatWing and fired her up for the first time in at least a mounth+. While I was letting it warm up to normal temperature and putting my riding gear on a noticed coolant dripping from the front of the fairing! Whoopee! I replaced a stuck thermostat and did a coolant flush in September I believe and road it at least 500 to 800 miles before I parked her for winter. I went to run errands anyway and the leak stopped by my first destination. Looks like a cold water leak and hopefully not want water pump seal! Love my ST but the fairing removal is a pain, looks like I'll have something to do next weekend if the weather is nice. Ride safe everyone!

OP
OP
ToddC

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
The past two days here in Denver have been 75 & 80 degrees so I unplugged the BatWing and fired her up for the first time in at least a mounth+. While I was letting it warm up to normal temperature and putting my riding gear on a noticed coolant dripping from the front of the fairing! Whoopee! I replaced a stuck thermostat and did a coolant flush in September I believe and road it at least 500 to 800 miles before I parked her for winter. I went to run errands anyway and the leak stopped by my first destination. Looks like a cold water leak and hopefully not want water pump seal! Love my ST but the fairing removal is a pain, looks like I'll have something to do next weekend if the weather is nice. Ride safe everyone!
It is a cold weather thing, two of my bikes are doing the same thing. Tupperware strip and clamp tighting......,.

T

Reginald

cyclepoke
Bike
ST1300
STOC #
t is a cold weather thing, two of my bikes are doing the same thing. Tupperware strip and clamp tighting......,.
You can tighten the clamps or you can replace them with Breeze clamps and tighten once to 45 lb-in. Get them through Amazon. Hoses, Breeze clamps, and thermostat are some of the parts I'm waiting on.

okckeith

Site Supporter
Bike
2017 Triumph Trophy
After looking at all of Todd's pictures, I didn't want to mention the temps here in Okc. It is going to be almost 90 here today. And I have to work. So no riding for me today either.

Top Bottom