Shuey

Site Supporter
Bike
FJR1300 ES, 2018
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
Rock-n-Ride Rally, April 15-16, 2016

"From Elvis to Madonna, REO Speedwagon to The Kentucky Headhunters, we have put together a great “play list” of places for you to visit in the 2016 rallies."

If you ever wanted to try a rally, a scavenger hunt of sorts, the Rock-n-Ride Rally has both an 8 hour rally and a 32 hour rally to test your "metal."

The 8 hr rally starts and finishes in Hardin, KY. The 32 hour rally finishes in Hardin, KY and starts . . . anywhere more than 500 miles from Hardin!

In last year's rally, riders went to BB King's hometown, Elvis' boyhood home and statues, Ike and Tina Turner's hometowns/museums, and even some British style red telephone booths to note some Beatles hits to name a few boni. Fun times.

Details for this year are online at:

http://rocknriderally.com/the-basics-for-2016/

This rally fills the Cape Fear rally spot on the calendar and moves the focus away from the ocean . . . into the heartland of America.

Check it out.

Shuey

OP
OP
Shuey

Shuey

Site Supporter
Bike
FJR1300 ES, 2018
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
Are you riding or scoring Shuey?
Ashley

Scoring! But . . . I was tempted as this is such a great riding area, a great new challenge with this pick your own start point structure (for the 32 hour rally), and all the new bonus (boni) locations. It's going to be a wonderful ride.

:)

You thinking about riding it Ashley?

Shuey

Last edited:

Ashley

Site Supporter
Bike
2020 Africa Twin
STOC #
Scoring! But . . . I was tempted as this is such a great riding area, a great new challenge with this pick your own start point structure (for the 32 hour rally), and all the new bonus (boni) locations. It's going to be a wonderful ride.

:)

You thinking about riding it Ashley?

Shuey
Sure looks interesting... Love the theme and area.

Last edited:

ELC

Bike
2012 ST1300A
Shirley and I are planning on riding the 32 hour rally. We haven't registered yet though.

Oh, and we were planning on starting from your house, as you are real close to the 500 mile start circle, just so ya know.......... :D

Bike
2016 FJR
STOC #
Shirley and I are planning on riding the 32 hour rally. We haven't registered yet though.

Oh, and we were planning on starting from your house, as you are real close to the 500 mile start circle, just so ya know.......... :D
Felicia and I will be 2-up in the 32hr rally as well. See you in Kentucky.

OP
OP
Shuey

Shuey

Site Supporter
Bike
FJR1300 ES, 2018
SPOT
LINK
STOC #

Forewarned is forearmed. Plenty of room and Connie would enjoy seeing you both and sending you off to start the rally with a smile. I'll greet you at the other end. ;)

Shuey

Bike
2012 Kawasaki C14
STOC #
I am leaning towards the 8 hour mini rally for this one.

I am also considering the Mason-Dixon 20-20 Rally Memorial Day weekend.

OP
OP
Shuey

Shuey

Site Supporter
Bike
FJR1300 ES, 2018
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
That's good to know. I like that its on the Holiday weekend, won't have to use as much vacation time to participate.
. . . and be sure to select the bonus locations along the coast, 80 miles (plus or minus) with no route alternatives, riding through the Air Show visitors and other holiday weekend festivals.

Bwaaaa haaa haa ha!

Shuey

Bike
2012 Kawasaki C14
STOC #
. . . and be sure to select the bonus locations along the coast, 80 miles (plus or minus) with no route alternatives, riding through the Air Show visitors and other holiday weekend festivals.

Bwaaaa haaa haa ha!

Shuey
Well you know I avoided the east coast during the Void rally because of that. So I probably wouldn't go that route over memorial day weekend. But I have a feeling that no matter what route I plan out there will be a "gotcha" somewhere in there.

Bike
ST1300

Bwaaaa haaa haa ha!

Shuey
The voice of experience!!! I hope to see you all at the finish.

Bike
GL1800 2015
Just Registered! This is my first Rally! A Bit Nervous....So if it doesn't start out well,I just might have to drop out and enjoy the RIDE!!!
:headbang:

Top Bottom