Lowering kit for t1300 2012

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
There's no kit that I know of. Some ST riders have had success with different methods:

•Getting a rear shock that's slightly shorter to lower the rear helps.
•The front forks should be raised up in the triple clamps to retain the handling characteristics of the ST. And that will lower the bike some too. Ground clearance especially when cornering could be a problem if you're a spirited rider.
•Having the seat modified or replaced by with a low profile custom seat has helped.
•Getting soles added to boots has worked also.

Maybe of less help: doing exercises for your legs to strength your quads. The ST is a heavy ride and once it gets leaned over far enough (while stopped) it's tough to keep it from going full tip.

greg_in_npvl

V65 Rider
Bike
2003 ST1300/ST1300A
I too am inseam challenged. If I'm riding with the stock seat, I'm ok - mostly. If I put the Corbin on, I'm struggling. I've since bought the Progressive shock that's 1" shorter. Have not installed it yet. When I do, I'm guesstimating on raising the forks about 1/2" in the triple tree. Was reading this forum to get pointers on replacing the monoshock, easily [emoji12]

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Bike
2005 BMW RT
I had my boots resoled just because they needed it. I chose a sole that had more tread which turned out to be thicker. I was surprised how much that helped. I have seen outer riders with much thicker soles and they were happy. For the price of resoling I would start there.

Bike
2018 GL1800 Airbag
STOC #
I don't know what is available for the 1300, but a shorter Works shock is available for the 1100. I have that shock (1.25), 60 series tire (.4+-). I raised the forks 3/4 inch that lowers the front about 1/2 inch. I'm going to take it to Traxxion this winter to lower the forks so both ends are lowered the same.

It is a lot more enjoyable for me to ride. A key to not dropping the bile lies in looking UP when stopping. Looking at the dash is a sure way to drop it.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
It is a lot more enjoyable for me to ride.
What was the net drop at the rear? How about putting it on the center stand? If I lowered my ST an inch I'd never be able to put the bike on the center stand.

I'm still thinking about some kind of ride-on plywood platform for raising the rear tire a bit to make this easier and that's with the bike bone-stock.

Bike
2010 ST1300
What was the net drop at the rear? How about putting it on the center stand? If I lowered my ST an inch I'd never be able to put the bike on the center stand.

I'm still thinking about some kind of ride-on plywood platform for raising the rear tire a bit to make this easier and that's with the bike bone-stock.
I took a 2x10 and cut about 18" off the end of the board with my miter saw tipped over as far as it would go (45 to 50 deg). This gives me a bit of a ramp on the board. It goes on the garage floor where I park my bike with a small strip of wood glued and nailed to the underside. Said strip fits into one of the grooves tooled in the concrete floor. The 2x, when laid over the groove cannot slip and I back the bike onto the board, and THEN use the center stand. Easier for me - height challenged that I am.

Top Bottom