Look what didn't follow me home

Bike
2016 Versys 1000
STOC #
I've been shopping a good while and I decided I'm having a good drink of root beer for New Years. This is a Canadian 2014 A model, and there is only one other on the road in Ontario that I'm aware of. The European one can be had in any suspension flavour including the clutchless AE (they call it AS). Magnetic Bronze which really does look like root beer.

So it was the right deal at the right time, and I pulled the trigger. I'm leaving it at the dealer for a month or so, as I have to make room in the shop....... too many bikes in inventory! Photos are from the dealer's ad.

Attachments

Last edited:

paulcb

- - - Tetelestai - - - R.I.P. - 2022/05/26
Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
So, what bike is this you speak of? I'm clueless. ;)

paulcb

Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
Nice, very nice. I'm in the market as well... just spent 30 minutes at the the dealer looking at the new Teneres. I really like that bike but wonder about its lack of frontal weather protection compared to the Honda ST. They didn't have an FJR on the floor... really wanted to see one of the new ones. Congrats on yours!

Last edited:

paulcb

Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
BTW, that's a really nice color.

BakerBoy

It's all small stuff.
STOC #
Very nice Ray. But you didn't want to wait for that 6 speed, slipper clutch, LED headlight, and 'other stuff' refinement of the 2016?! :D

Bike
ST1300
STOC #
A nekkid FJR? It sort of looks that way anyway, without the bags. That is a smart way to display it on the dealer's showroom though, eliminates any chance for boot heels scuffing up the bags. That is definitely a nice color!

Beautiful bike...you'll be happy. That Stelvio in the background of the first shot is kinda sweet too!

OP
OP
RaYzerman
Bike
2016 Versys 1000
STOC #
Very nice Ray. But you didn't want to wait for that 6 speed, slipper clutch, LED headlight, and 'other stuff' refinement of the 2016?! :D
Well, call me grumpy, but the 5 speed is perfectly laid out, I'll say the 6 speed was totally unnecessary. I also didn't really want the ES, so wouldn't get the LED headlight that goes with it. Slipper clutch might be OK, but don't see the need.
The upgrade to throttle by wire and more refined FI were the big attractions for me, along with the colour and about $4k less than the '16 is gonna be. I liked this colour since I first saw it about a year and a half ago. Looks better in person.
The bike is essentially free storage by leaving at the dealer, no cost except for a very small downpayment. I only pony up when I actually pick it up.

Bike
2020 Tracer 900GT
STOC #
I've been shopping a good while and I decided I'm having a good drink of root beer for New Years. This is a Canadian 2014 A model, and there is only one other on the road in Ontario that I'm aware of. The European one can be had in any suspension flavour including the clutchless AE (they call it AS). Magnetic Bronze which really does look like root beer.

So it was the right deal at the right time, and I pulled the trigger. I'm leaving it at the dealer for a month or so, as I have to make room in the shop....... too many bikes in inventory! Photos are from the dealer's ad.
Nice!

Bike
2014 FJR ES 2009 WEE
Very nice Ray, you're gonna love the Gen III refinements....TBW, amazing FI......and a great color.......hope the rest of your New Year is as great...........ff

thumperjdm

Naty Von Ozirisz 1997-2011
Bike
'15 Trophy SE
Very nice. That's a beautiful color.

Joe may need to change the name of the forum to ST,Tenere,Trophy,FJR,K16,R12,NC,CTX,Concours-owners.com. :rofl1:

Gizmo

Dean
Bike
2014 Yamaha FJR
A sweet ride, Ray. Congrats!

PS - I can probably make a little extra room at my place if you are looking for a different storage place:)

Top Bottom