Look what didn't follow me home

Bike
2016 FJR
STOC #
Congrats Ray, can't wait to see it up close and personal. Another 22k and I can start shopping. FJR is on the short list.

OP
OP
RaYzerman
Bike
2016 Versys 1000
STOC #
http://www.rootbeer.com/history/
The root beer is actually named Metallic Bronze in Europe, Metallic Brown in Canada.... looks much better in person and in the sunshine. The bike itself however is spicy enough to be called Dr. Pepper :D

I've had the '07 FJR since 2009, and it's running sweet, but I'm told the throttle by wire on the Gen III is even sweeter. I have to make room in the shop and prep the '07 and the V-Strom to be sold, so the dealer is giving me free storage as long as I want...... I'll likely not pick it up until February, then the farkling will begin!

Bike
'83 BMW R100RS
STOC #
There is a good motovlog site called TwoWheeledObsession and he is on a nice FJR. He did quite a good review of the new model FJR in which he actually ride the bike. Well worth a watch.

OP
OP
RaYzerman
Bike
2016 Versys 1000
STOC #
Lots more room, Malcolm. Upstairs, big area to hold lots of used bikes, lower floor has got ATV's, Can-Ams, snowmobiles, bikes........ quite the place. A buddy of mine (a rider) is the brother-in-law of the owner, and he does the odd job (the move to the new place, set-up, etc.) for them. I got introduced to the right people, and it all happened from there.

Last edited:

catcher

Site Supporter
Bike
'18Wing, '16VFR1200X
Looks to me like a smart choice, Ray. We'll have to get you on a ride to Wilno in the spring -you'll be looking for a destination with some substantial distance involved!:chat1:

Bike
2014 Yamaha FJR1300A
http://www.rootbeer.com/history/
The root beer is actually named Metallic Bronze in Europe, Metallic Brown in Canada.... looks much better in person and in the sunshine. The bike itself however is spicy enough to be called Dr. Pepper :D

I've had the '07 FJR since 2009, and it's running sweet, but I'm told the throttle by wire on the Gen III is even sweeter. I have to make room in the shop and prep the '07 and the V-Strom to be sold, so the dealer is giving me free storage as long as I want...... I'll likely not pick it up until February, then the farkling will begin!
It is. A good riding buddy of mine had a 2007 and was perfectly happy with it. Then he rode my 2014A model and that was it. He bought a 2015ES and sold the 2007. You're gonna love it.

Dan

acedantinne

Site Supporter
Bike
04-st1300, 15-1200RT
STOC #
Very nice Ray. So I take it it is loaded, with all the good stuff=ES heat, cruise, u did wright fly by wire. Come spring enjoy.

OP
OP
RaYzerman
Bike
2016 Versys 1000
STOC #
Very nice Ray. So I take it it is loaded, with all the good stuff=ES heat, cruise, u did wright fly by wire. Come spring enjoy.
Bob, it's the A model. I was not really wanting an ES. But all FJR's 2013 and up come with cruise, heated grips, fly by wire. Mine's a rare bird, only two other root beers in Canada, one (maybe 2) in Europe. The nearest one to me is a 6 hour ride east to Ottawa.

Bones

Your Humble Scribe
Bike
2014 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
Congrats, bud...sure you'll enjoy it once hockey season is over. :)

Top Bottom