Rally Mapping Tips

Ashley

Site Supporter
Bike
2020 Africa Twin
STOC #
My only experience with a rally is from March 2015 when I did the Full Court 1000 at the IBA meet in March. The rally was given to us as a GPX file by Ray King. made for an easy rally but didn't really give the experience I was looking for in doing a traditional rally where the bonus locations are all in a MS Word doc and you have to figure out what to do with all those lat and longs. Can anyone point me to some educational page in doing a first rally? What do most people use for transferring coordinates from Word to GPS? I've heard of a program/excel spread sheet called easy bake I think but can't seem to find any info. Any pointers from all you rally masters before I tackle the Rock N Ride Rally?

Bike
2016 FJR
STOC #
My only experience with a rally is from March 2015 when I did the Full Court 1000 at the IBA meet in March. The rally was given to us as a GPX file by Ray King. made for an easy rally but didn't really give the experience I was looking for in doing a traditional rally where the bonus locations are all in a MS Word doc and you have to figure out what to do with all those lat and longs. Can anyone point me to some educational page in doing a first rally? What do most people use for transferring coordinates from Word to GPS? I've heard of a program/excel spread sheet called easy bake I think but can't seem to find any info. Any pointers from all you rally masters before I tackle the Rock N Ride Rally?
I've been lucky in that every rally I've run (maybe 10) they have provided the GPS coordinates in a .gpx file. Getting them into the GPS was the easy part. Now putting together a good route...hahaha. Maybe Shuey will come along and provide some tips on that.

Bike
2012 Kawasaki C14
STOC #
As far as I know the rallies all now provide the bonus locations in a gpx file.

Top Bottom