My Storms.....so far, on my ST1100

richpeabody

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100
STOC #
yes
Hi....
I mounted a pair of Avon Storm 3's in August and would like to pass my impressions:
1) They FIT the bike....the previous Michelins had a lower aspect ratio in the rear...no biggie, just a little tougher to get onto the stand.
2)They don't "seep" air.....my Michelins seemed to, the inflation for the Storms stays constant
3) They seem to work well....although I don't get the opportunity to push them, and my skill level is diminishing with age, I have always felt comfortable with their performance, even in the wet
4) They seem to be wearing well.....one of the reasons that I chose the Storms was their mileage guarantee, and at around 5000 miles, they seem to have worn very little

In short, I'm happy as if I had sense....

Have fun!

Bike
97 st1100
just clocked up 12,000 miles on a pair storm 3d XM. front totally worn rear still has approx. 1000miles left.first set of tyres on any bike that fronts have worn before rears. when new high speed wobble as others have reported seemed to be solved by putting 38psi in front tyre( 40 psi too hard lost front end feel). excellent grip in all weathers wet,dry and at sub zero temperature, except rear liked to move around on wet overbanding not a big problem.
just ordered a set of bridgestone BT30 to try.only because of difficulty in getting Storms for immediate delivery,

OP
OP
richpeabody

richpeabody

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100
STOC #
yes
I ride an ST1100 A
If I recall, a 120/70 X 18 front (wider that an non-ABS)
Rear is a 170/60 X 17....

Have fun!

Bike
2002 ST
I'm just finishing off a set of BT30's. Really liked them, have about 8k km's on it, maybe 3 left. Starting to cup but wouldn't know it by the handling. Really liked them. Just bought a set of 3D XM's lol, looking for a bit more mileage as I've got an 12k road trip planned. Thanks for the front tire tp tip. What pressure did you use on the rear?

Top Bottom