Two Brothers on an ST1300

Bike
2017 Harley WG
STOC #
Is there anybody in the Los Angeles area riding an ST1300 with a two brothers exhaust system?
I am interested in putting them on but am concerned about how much of a volume difference there is vs stock pipes.
The sound clips posted here give me an idea of the tone, but not the volume and I really want to hear them before investing..

paulcb

- - - Tetelestai - - - R.I.P. - 2022/05/26
Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
I had two brothers slip-ons on my ST1100. I sold them... thought they were too loud. I much prefer the stock exhaust.

Bike
03 st1300
Kijiji bike pics 005 (640x360).jpgTwo Brothers on an St is awesome.Had the carbon fiber version on my 03 and was the best farkle I ever bought.Get the power tips then you will have three levels of sound.No tips very loud lots of backfire and then two ways of installing tips which are perfect.Lots of low end growl but very little noise at cruise.

Last edited:

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
Kijiji bike pics 005 (640x360).jpgTwo Brothers on an St is awesome.Had the carbon fiber version on my 03 and was the best farkle I ever bought.Get the power tips then you will have three levels of sound.No tips very loud lots of backfire and then two ways of installing tips which are perfect.Lots of low end growl but very little noise at cruise.
I have two bros on two my three STs. I agree that the power tips are the way to go. I have one with and one without. Without can be a bit noisey for those riding behind you.

ToddC

Bike
ST1300
Bike
2004 ST1300
I had them on my bike for about a year. At first, it was exciting to finally have the ST sound like a motorcycle. After a while, especially after long 2,000 plus mile trips, the booming in my helmet got old. I tried the quietest tips they made which helped, but it was still awful after long rides. If you don't wear a full face helmet, the booming isn't so bad but with a full face, I could not overcome the audible fatigue. I can't get over what a difference it made to go back to stock pipes. I don't feel any difference in performance but the smiles per mile have improved drastically!

Joseph/TX

R.I.P. - 2016/11/13
Rest In Peace
Bike
1994 ST-1100A
I had two brothers slip-ons on my ST1100. I sold them... thought they were too loud. I much prefer the stock exhaust.
Got 'em on my 1100; they are about as loud as I would ever want to go and if I had the power tips I'd probably go a notch or two lower. Don't know what they sound like from behind and I always wear earplugs when riding, so it hasn't been a dealbreaker, but my next door neighbor claims they wake him up if I start the bike late at night. Based on what I've read and seen/heard on YouTube I'd probably go with the Delkevics if I had some extra bucks..

OP
OP
Geditor
Bike
2017 Harley WG
STOC #
I understand that the noise could become an issue on long rides, but this is for travelling up and down the 405 fwy during rush hour every day. When the drivers hear you coming, most will make room for lane splitters like me, but because traffic is moving so slow a lot of drivers get bored turn up the radio or talk on their cell and never check their mirrors and if they can't hear you coming they will often have their tires on the line. They aren't mean drivers (mostly) they are inattentive. I have had other riders pile up behind me and they will rev their Harley and the driver moves over.
So I really want to hear a set on an ST.

Bike
2009 ST 1300
Geditor: I have the two brother carbon fiber mufflers on my ST 1300. My riding buddy has the same year ST 1300 with the Delkevic mufflers. The two brothers exhaust is louder than stock. But it is a nice tone a very deep sound, I would not call it loud. I have the quiet baffles in my mufflers. I have not tried them without. The two brothers exhaust has a deeper note then the Delkevic exhaust, it's mildly louder. My helmet is a half shell with earbuds I don't feel the exhaust note is loud or annoying. At hi way speeds it is quieter then one would guess.I hope this helps you out. I know how hard it is to commit to the cost of an exhaust system and not be certain your doing the right thing. Kip

Top Bottom