My new ST1300 Report

Bike
2007 ST-1300
Today was the day, it finally happened, I'm keeping this bike! I fell in love with it today on a 10 hour ride. (4 bikes) all experienced riders riding safely and briskly like a well oiled machine (we have logged many miles together) I have grown to like the quiet and appreciate this great engine for what it is. I will be keeping the exhaust stock, it's a beautiful well made can and compliments the design of the bike. The blades were welcomed after several hours allowing me to change riding position, love them. The Gen 3 Heli-Risers made a world of difference for me, love them. The Sargent seat now adjusted correctly also made a world of difference, the cruise control is neat, although not something I will use much with our backroad aggressive riding style. The adjustable windshield is to die for, especially paired with a light tint recurve shield. I have the Honda top box and thought it would be used primarily for her when two up. Not...I love it. My full face helmet fits in with other gear, the bags accept a fullface helmet too. I love the convenience of the trunk and will leave it on all the time. I'm getting it now, this is a great bike
The weather was perfect with temps in the 60?s this bike performed flawlessly. The engine heat was a non-issue today, probably because of the cooler temps.

Things I love about this bike and will never be without again:
ABS breaks, adjustable windshield, adjustable seat height, fuel injection, center stand, quick detach bags, good for traveling but even better for maintenance 7+ gallon fuel capacity. I rode all day and arrived home with fuel. (some others fueled twice)
What a great day, I love this bike
Thanks for this forum and the advise.

Doug:slv11:

OP
OP
Dragonslayer
Bike
2007 ST-1300
Yes, Throttlemeister.
http://www.MCL OUT OF BUSINESS - DO NOT ORDER/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_3&products_id=19&zenid=3k01hk8mqpufp0gvn5uq51isi7

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dragonslayer
Bike
2007 ST-1300
True, never the less that's what it's called. A "bar end, mechanical, cruise control for Motorcycles" by Throttlemeister..

Last edited:
Bike
2005 ST 1300 ABS
STOC #
I too am a recent ST ( stupendously terrific) owner. Bought mine the week before Thanksgiving, have over three thousand miles so far. Nothing but good things to say about these motorcycles.

Bike
2017 Harley WG
STOC #
I have been riding mine since 2006, this past year I considered getting something a little smaller, lighter and noisier for splitting lanes on the 405 fwy. I tried out a few different 750's but in the end I just couldn't give up that "on demand" power I am so used to. That and the gear box topping out every 2 seconds requiring a ton of shifting. Since I only have room for 1 bike (so says the wife) I decided to stay with the ST1300. After all these years people still think it is new and it just goes! The acceleration, the smooth ride.... it is still an amazing bike.

Bike
St1300 '11 (frm new)
Same here. After only owning my ST a fortnight, had did a 650km trip in one day Auckland to Wellington. Arrived fresh as a daisy and could have kept riding. My last bike after doing 400km I felt quite beat up from the wind and helmet noise.

I have the Gen3 bar riser. The riser makes you sit up a little straighter so for real comfort and quiet I run the seat on the lowest setting so I can drop in behind the screen better.

veefore

See you at my intervention!
Bike
15' BMW R1200RT
STOC #
Every time I've tried something new on a demo ride, I get back on the ST and I'm reminded why I keep it....it's home. My next bike hasn't been built yet.

Fatjock

STOC #8872
Bike
'18 Glowing Tour DCT
STOC #
Every time I've tried something new on a demo ride, I get back on the ST and I'm reminded why I keep it....it's home. My next bike hasn't been built yet.
It think mine has, it just hasn't got old enough yet to fall into my price range!

Until it does, I'm very happy with my ST's, and even then, it'll probably be an "as well as" rather than an "instead of".

Top Bottom