Hyperpro Rear Shock

Hi everyone!

After 100.000 kms on my ST1300 I think it?s time to upgrade the suspension. I haven?t found netither ?hlins or WP options for my bike, so finally I have ordered an Hyperpro shock.

Does anyone have any experience with these manufaturer in the ST1300?

Thanks in advance!

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
I have one on my ST1100 (not the ST1300).

I think you will be very pleased.

Byron

STOC #
I've had one on my bike for a number of years and it was definitely an improvement over the stock shock. Here is some info for you. I have a few other threads with suspension info that is easy to find if you do an advanced search with "Hyperpro" for key word and my user name.

Had one on my '04 ST 1300 when I sold it. Did a lot of 2-up riding with the wife, we were right at the limit for weight limit together, and the old stock shock did pogo along and it did feel a little unsafe to me. Hyperpro set it up for our weight and it was a huge difference. My youngest son was riding it on a trip to Colorado with me and my older son and somehow it blew up in Colorado and he had to pogo it all the way back to Houston. Sent it back to Hyperpro and they rebuilt it free.

OP
OP
Thanks a lot for your answers.
I hope I will notice some improvement, although I have always been satisfied with the OEM shock performance. It?s just that after the time and the miles it seems to be asking for retirement.

OP
OP
I've had one on my bike for a number of years and it was definitely an improvement over the stock shock. Here is some info for you. I have a few other threads with suspension info that is easy to find if you do an advanced search with "Hyperpro" for key word and my user name.
Thanks a lot for the info!

Bike
2006 ST
I liked the Hyperpro on my ST so much that I bought one for the Strom couple seasons back, good price for a custom shock in my book.

Bike
2009 ST 1300
Almost 54k miles on my stock shocks and I am thinking about an upgrade to the Hyperpro setup. The price I was quoted gave me pause, but I am thinking the bouncing around on rough roads is my bike's signal that it's time for new shocks. I appreciate the feedback in the prior notes as well as photos as that is helping me overcome my "sticker shock" on the price of the parts.

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
gave me pause
I have over 120,000 on the ST1100. The HyperPro front and rear went in at 54,000 and I don't regret it at all.

You have to think about the use you'll get out of the bike to see if it is worth it to you...

Bike
'07 ST1300
I love the Hyperpro on my ST (and I mean LOVE) but I've had the seal go at 15k (warranty), 13k and now 5k on the rebuilds. I get the latest rebuild back this Friday. Anymore early blow outs and I'm open for suggestion on a replacement.

Last edited:
Bike
'07 ST1300
UPDATE:
I just received my seven year old shock back, serviced and seal replaced no charge. Thank you EPM Performance Imports!

Top Bottom