Vibration at low speed in foot pegs

Bike
2010 ST1300
I did some searching around on the forum and didn't really see anything that sounded similar, so here is my issue. While driving through the parking lot at work today with just a little throttle I could feel a vibration in the foot pegs. Would go away when throttle released. Felt like maybe something dragging in the back end. Put the bike up on the center stand and rolled the rear tire and tried side movement as well. I did have the rear wheel off last Friday but did not notice anything amiss.

Bike
91 ST1100/06 ST1300
You can get a similar effect if you are lugging the engine. Could also be the texture of the parking lot's surface. As a mechanical check, put it on the center stand. Spin the rear wheel in neutral (both ways) and listen for dragging or clicking noises (bearings and dragging brakes). Put it in gear and rock the drive train (wheel) forward and backward stop to stop and listen for a clunk (u-joint or worn drive spine, among a few other things). These are just some easy to check possibilities.
Probably nothing at all.

OP
OP
cjames431
Bike
2010 ST1300
You can get a similar effect if you are lugging the engine. Could also be the texture of the parking lot's surface. As a mechanical check, put it on the center stand. Spin the rear wheel in neutral (both ways) and listen for dragging or clicking noises (bearings and dragging brakes). Put it in gear and rock the drive train (wheel) forward and backward stop to stop and listen for a clunk (u-joint or worn drive spine, among a few other things). These are just some easy to check possibilities.
Probably nothing at all.
Thanks, I will give that a try.

OP
OP
cjames431
Bike
2010 ST1300
So I put the bike up on the center stand and rolled the wheel forward and got a nice brake squeal. Pulled the rear wheel and pads. Lubed the brake pins and the back of the pads. Put it all back together and no more chatter or squeal. Hate it when I induce things.

Bike
91 ST1100/06 ST1300
So I put the bike up on the center stand and rolled the wheel forward and got a nice brake squeal. Pulled the rear wheel and pads. Lubed the brake pins and the back of the pads. Put it all back together and no more chatter or squeal. Hate it when I induce things.
Congratulations! I hate do-overs, but they happen sometimes when I get in a hurry.

Top Bottom