The Ultimate "Dash Cam"

Bike
2008 ST1300
STOC #
Looking into getting this system, wondering if anyone has experience with it?
http://www.innovv.com/#!the-k1/c3r6

Basically it is a DVR that continuously records from dual weatherproof cameras (front and back) with GPS and G-force data. There is a remote button that if press saves the current clip. Seems almost like the perfect solution for a lot less $ than a GoPro. Though I like the display (can easily see if a bug splatters the cam lens), it's not weather proof and all the cables coming out the side are awkward. Was thinking this could be located in a side compartment though.

Bike
2018 NC750X
STOC #
Thanks for sharing.... I've been running a single lens unit on my Wing and have been wanting a duel system. This looks very promising.

Critters

Retired Black Rat
Bike
Red 2003 ST1300
STOC #
First impressions are ok and the video footage looks good I couldn't see the gps data showing on the footage but maybe I have missed it, I do like the size of the cameras.

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Looks very interesting, because I would really like something like this while commuting!

Bike
R1200rt
[video=youtube;GPY9oBfYeoM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPY9oBfYeoM[/video] youtube review maybe not easy to use

Bike
2006 ST1300A
I run two of THESE ... one pointed forward and the other aft. Waterproof, visible display, remote control, multiple recording options, runs off bike's 12VDC, and SD-card media storage.

Bike
2006 ST1300A
That is a NICE bit o' kit! Still reading the specs but I like the relatively small camera.
Thanks. I mount the DVRs with displays on RAM Mount balls ... forward one on my handlebars & the aft one on my starboard (right- or passenger-side in car-speak) tip-over bar. I haven't ordered the longer VIO cord which would allow me to mount both DVRs up front ($150 for a single cord? Really?).

BTW, I originally bought a HD VIO-POV unit, but found video stabilization to be an issue. It would keep riders clear, but tree tops would "wave" as I progressed down the road. I wound up buying a pair of older VIO-POV 1.5 models via fleabay (720 vs. 1080). While the video is not HD, it is acceptable. I typically run these camcorders when I'm leading a group on a multi-day ride. And when I know there are no turns coming up soon, I drop back through the pack one bike at a time and capture front & rear video of everyone ... ditto as I make my way back to the front. Most everyone buys a DVD of the ride videos later, paying me what the blank DVDs cost.

Top Bottom