please help identify

OP
OP
SanDiegoDan
Bike
ST1300 2004
STOC #
what?
Hello STeam 13... I'm hoping for some more bar riser help.

So it would appear that the bar risers installed by a previous owner move the bars out to the sides as well as up... true? And if so, is this common for bar riser kits?

I'm ready to lower my bars but hadn't considered that removing the riser block would move them in as well. I suppose I'm ok with it.

Any other consequences I should consider before I dive in? Any idea who made these? And are they worth anything if I were to try and sell them?

thanks!

bars 1.jpgbars 4.jpgbars 2.jpgbars 3.jpgbars 5.jpg

Bike
04 ST
STOC #
If you remove it hang on to it until you are sure you like the new riding position. I consider the $200 I invested in a MCL Riser some of the best money I spent on my '04

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
So it would appear that the bar risers installed by a previous owner move the bars out to the sides as well as up... true? And if so, is this common for bar riser kits?
I don't think it's common to increase the distance between the handlebars at all. Generally the kits raise the bars and change the angle of the grips slightly. Maybe that's what you're seeing. That might increase the distance between the ends of the grips slightly but I don't see that as moving them out to the sides. But we may be saying the same thing in different ways.

They're not Helibars or you'd see that stamped or cast into the riser block. I don't know if the MCL version of Helibars has any markings on it. Helibars sell for around $190 IIRC. If you can find out the maker they might be worth at least $100 to somebody. You may be missing a little cap that goes on to the stock assembly but you can get that from a dealer or online.

Bike
07 ST1300A(P)
STOC #
Hello STeam 13... I'm hoping for some more bar riser help.

I'm ready to lower my bars but hadn't considered that removing the riser block would move them in as well. I suppose I'm ok with it.

Any other consequences I should consider before I dive in? Any idea who made these? And are they worth anything if I were to try and sell them?

thanks!

bars 1.jpgbars 4.jpgbars 2.jpgbars 3.jpgbars 5.jpg
Nope, not worth a penny, but, being the great guy I am, I'll take it off your hands, and, being a magnanimous person, I'll even pay the shipping.......;)

I'm still trying yo ID mine, and I'm missing the center piece, which, for some weird reason, annoys me.....

Last edited:
Bike
2010 ST1300
You might read the specs on the Heli website as well as the MCL site. Then measure your bars before you take them off. After you mount them again, measure them and you might be able to id them this way. I seem to remember seeing another manufacturer of riser blocks - you might google that and see what comes up.

OP
OP
SanDiegoDan
Bike
ST1300 2004
STOC #
what?
So I took at look at my service manual and yes... the mounting holes for the aftermarket center beauty cover line up with each handle bar's inner mounting holes, so the bars themselves are spaced out wider than stock with this set up.

bars 6.JPG

The Dan

The Dude Abides
Site Supporter
Vendor
Bike
2009 ST1300 ABS
STOC #
Last edited:
OP
OP
SanDiegoDan
Bike
ST1300 2004
STOC #
what?
I removed the bar risers (and wideners) and installed the $15 ebay stock plate. Better already just giving the new ergos the garage test.

Here's yet another look at them... this time they are off the bike... finally !

The double A is for scale (battery not included).

risers 10.jpgrisers 9.jpg

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
That most likely is an early MCL product. Helibars made the riser and apparently didn't patent it. MCL came along and copied every version from what I can see.

Helibars have the name stamped/cast into the riser.

Top Bottom