What do you collect from your trips?

Afan

... and this is my real name.
Bike
1998 ST1100
STOC #
For a while my wife and I collecting coffee mugs with City, National park, Historic place, Monument... name/sign on it. Of course, just the places we visited.
What do you collect?

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
When I was stationed in Germany back in 1976 thru 1979, I started collecting shot glasses. (Which is interesting itself since I don't drink) But Everywhere we went, the towns always had shot glasses, so I started picking them up. That continues today. If I'm someplace new, and there is a shot glass, there is a very good chance I'll pick it up. In fact, my boys have picked up shot glasses for me when they go some place.

Here's most of mine, but since this cabinet is about full, I've started filling another one!

Shot1-s.jpg

For my ride memories, I keep my website up to date with my ride reports and pictures.

MC Adventures

Last edited:

drrod

Site Supporter
Bike
'04 ST1300
STOC #
I am not very good at taking pictures but I do what I can. My daughter rides with me a lot. We have gone several places in the world and she gets way more out of the trip than I do. She carries a Lonely Planet book and reads up on each area we are in, places to see and things to do. So being lazy, I just let her lead me around and it works great. One other thing that she does.....she carries a simple 5X8 notebook. In that, she keeps a daily record of what, where, and when as well as cuts and pastes things to the page. Things like receipts from a restaurant, brochure pictures, ferry tickets, etc.
Using the books, it is great to go back and relive the trip. Doesn't take up much room. Small pair of scissors and a glue stick is all. I need to start doing something like this because there will come a day when she will be too busy to go with me (hopefully a long way off).

Rod

Rod

W0QNX

Blacksheep Tribal Member
Bike
06/ST1300 19/R1250RT
2024 Miles
After 40 years of lots of travels usually I only collect the memories. I don't even take many pictures any more, nobody but me cares to look at the pictures now days.

Bike
2014 FJR ES 2009 WEE
Besides photos, memories and friends, it seems that new tires are "collected".....enjoy your rides.......ff

OP
OP
Afan

Afan

... and this is my real name.
Bike
1998 ST1100
STOC #
mostly memories
When you guys say "memories", do you mean memories you have in your head or there is something else, like drrod said "... Things like receipts from a restaurant, brochure pictures, ferry tickets, etc..."? :confused: (Language barrier :D)

Memories, as wheat we have in our head, is something we all bring home, regardless we want it or not. And after some time they fade, disappear - wanted we that or not... And as one from dementia-running-family, it's kinda scary. :D
Also, with all this cameras on our phones, I believe everybody will snap a shot or two of an interesting moment. :)

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Things like receipts from a restaurant, brochure pictures, ferry tickets, etc..."
Those are what I'd call mementos. Memories are stored in the noggin.

For me, it's memories maybe an occasional mug (if it's big) a t-shirt and photos. I try to leave as light as I came.

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
... Memories are stored in the noggin.
If it wasn't for my website to keep track of all my memories, I would have very few, if I was trying to store them in my noggin! :eek:4:

I have a perfect Memory, I remember EVERYTHING!
It's my recall that stinks!

Match books used to be great, (small, light, practical and usually with a designation of where they were from), but with smoking no longer the "thing" it once was, they are hard to find now.

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
On all of my trips I pickup more bills from fuel and food stops. It is all good as I do enjoy my trips. :)

Top Bottom