What do you collect from your trips?

kiltman

Site Supporter
Bike
2002,ST1100ABS
STOC #
Bugs! and because I really don't want to remember them I wash them off the bike every chance I get. Last Summer in Saskatchewan there were a lot of tiny white butterflies, I'm still finding them hidden in crevices in the fairing and cowls. ;)

Bike
2007 ST1300 ABS
I'll occasionally buy a T-shirt. I sometimes forget, but I try to buy stickers. I put them on the inside of my topcase lid.

topcase_small.jpg

No - I haven't ridden in Sweden (Sverige).

Bike
'14 CTX1300
STOC #
When going to national parks I always stop and get one of the brass pins. Easy to pack.

BakerBoy

It's all small stuff.
STOC #
LOL ... I was waiting for someone to say 'tickets' :D

I never bring back objects like tshirts, mugs, pins, stickers, etc. For me, it is pictures, fading memories, and tire wear. And I've taken fewer pictures as years have unfolded. Once underway, I have to convince me, myself, or I (one of the three is always grumpy about stopping) to turn around and stop at picturesque places.

Bike
2020 Moto guzzi V85T
We collect craft beer glasses. Oh what a chore. So last October I built a case that holds 72 pint glasses. I is now full and this spring I must build two more. This is all great unless we move and we have to pack them. One consolation is that we keep them clean with their constant wash. :)

OP
OP
Afan

Afan

... and this is my real name.
Bike
1998 ST1100
STOC #
Since many mentioned pictures - where and how you're storing them? Do you use, and which if yes, any online service (like Flickr, Picasa, Dropbox...)?

Bike
91 ST1100/06 ST1300
Since many mentioned pictures - where and how you're storing them? Do you use, and which if yes, any online service (like Flickr, Picasa, Dropbox...)?
We organize the photos onto an external hard drive (1T). Occasionally, we burn a completed category onto DVD. With flash drive capacity growing and their price dropping, some are downloaded onto the flash drives. Gotta keep them organized and well marked.
If you have a real keeper, one you are especially proud of, take it on a flash drive to an Office Depot or such and have some hard copy photos or a large frameable print made.

JQL

Growing old disgracefully :)
Bike
NT700VA
I wish I'd taken more photos. I've travelled large parts of the world and now the memories are fading. The photos I've taken do help to remind me of other events.

But I wish I'd taken more photos and put them in albums...

MajorTom

QuickBlue
STOC #
We always try and pick up a Christmas ornament somewhere on the trip. If we can't find one we'll pick up a keychain and make one from it. Every Christmas the memories come back as we decorate the tree.

We always try and pick up a Christmas ornament somewhere on the trip. If we can't find one we'll pick up a keychain and make one from it. Every Christmas the memories come back as we decorate the tree.
What a cool idea!

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
I put them on a hard drive on the home network and recently I pointed the PC that controls my TV at the system/folder so I have a slide show of *all* the pictures that we've taken digitally.
Great memories and you never know what era you're going to get in the slide show!

amorley

Site Supporter
Bike
2015 BMW K1600GTS
2024 Miles
SPOT
LINK
Memories, pictures, new friends and fridge magnets.................

Last edited:
Bike
2010 ST1300
I usually pick up a local cold or other bug somewhere along extended trips. Don't have much of a collection because they don't last (thankfully) for more than a week or two. I knew a guy who collected giardia and some other intestinal parasite on a camping trip out west. Now THAT was quite a coup. Two for the price of one.

Top Bottom