Givi V46 & E55 lid stay

Bike
2008 Goldwing GL1800
I was getting tired of getting my fingers slammed by the Givi lid in a gust of wind. I found a chrome stay at Lee Valley Model S5570. They fit perfectly in the Givi V46 and E55 top box. I installed it for 2 years now, very happy with it. No more numb fingers. I only installed the stay on one side of the lid, that was enough to keep it in place. All you need to do is unscrew the plastic band and screw on the stay. See photos below.
Kenny

Attachments

I like it. My first GIVI top case had that type of stay. I will look into getting some of these. Thanks for the idea.

Bike
ST1300
STOC #
I could use one of these on my Givi E55, but came up empty trying to search for it here.
Any suggestions how I might find it?

Thanks

Bike
Vstrom 650
Ok I found the stays http://www.leevalley.com/US/hardware/page.aspx?p=48575&cat=3,41419,43745 but I see no way of adding them to the cart? I'd like to buy a few sets for a few friends who have e55 cases with the rubber hinge straps and also for a v46 case I got for my vfr, any idea why I can't seem to order them? thanks folks.

ok I found how to add them to the basket,now waiting on a shipping quote.

Last edited:
Bike
04 ST
STOC #
Has anyone found these in USA?
I just found this thread and intend to drive across town to pick up a pair. This is the first time I have seen our roles reversed as available accessories are almost always available for significantly less South of the border for us Canucks. I must check the moon if the weather clears to see if it is Blue.

Bike
'83 BMW R100RS
STOC #
I just added this little farkle to my 46 litre GIVI box and it really is great! I added one little enhancement though: I pried the little red spacer-bushings out of the GIVI stay-strap and used them under the metal Lee Valley stay so that the screws wouldn't be too long.

IMG_2124.jpg

The whole thing took about 5 minutes and works like a charm for keeping that big lid open in a breeze.

Top Bottom