thermostat for ST1100?

Bike
Vstrom 650
Hi, anyone know where to get a new thermostat for my 1994 ST1100? are they available as a generic, or only the genuine Honda thing?
I fitted a stat from an early 80's Honda civic if I rem correctly.cost a fiver from an autofactors, I think the stat would have cost around 50 euros from a motorcycle parts supplier. I think there's a thread on it with pictures on here somewhere.

Bike
'98 ST1100
STOC #
remember to use a silicate free coolant if you are replacing the coolant,I used prestone.
Yup, And I'm pretty sure all anti-freeze sold now in the US is silicate-free. Read the labels. You don't need to purchase "motorcycle" anti-freeeze.

Last edited:
Bike
1995 ST1100
STOC #
And play it safe and pick up a fresh o-ring - when I got mine from Honda it didn't come included, and I had to wait again for it! And do you know about the way of clearing old coolant from the heads? Don't use the drain bolts on the engine they may break. I took a shop-vac hard extension, padded it with bit of cloth to seal at the filler opening. A couple good long stead blows will get the remaining coolant out of your engine from the low radiator hose. I used a couple gallons of distilled water to help flush it all thoroughly.

Top Bottom