Top case alternative for ST1300: CTX1300 trunk

OP
OP
Freelancer
Bike
2012 ST1300
The bottom half of the case drops down a bit on the sides, so it fits snug to the base of the rack. One f its attractions for me was the matched low profile.

Thanks to all for the compliments and kind words. I'll get a full picture up on the weekend.

Bike
ST1300
I would like to see more profile pics from both sides as well. Possibly the mounting bracket.

Last edited:
The bottom half of the case drops down a bit on the sides, so it fits snug to the base of the rack. One f its attractions for me was the matched low profile.

Thanks to all for the compliments and kind words. I'll get a full picture up on the weekend.
Any luck getting a few side pics?

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
No pressure. :)

So it drops down some around the ST's OEM rack like the ST's box. Can you estimate the amount of the drop? I wonder what that might look like from the side if placed on a flat piece of stock mounted to a non-standard rack like the BygDawg rack or similar.

The ST box on the ST's rack looks pretty tall to me and even if I was willing to pay the price it would be even taller if I mounted it somehow to my custom BD rack. The CTX box might be doable.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Freelancer
Bike
2012 ST1300
So...I was asked in a PM for additional photos. The hi-viz tape still looks good after a couple of months, and now there is an LED array for the brake that is set between the stripes.

CTX1300 top case...

Bike
'04 ST1300 Blue STar
Thanks for posting the pic's. If you get a chance,,, it would be nice to be able to appreciate the whole package, with a full profile picture including the bike. That would show how great the CTX box looks and works on the ST. Thanks again,, Cat'

So...I was asked in a PM for additional photos. The hi-viz tape still looks good after a couple of months, and now there is an LED array for the brake that is set between the stripes.

CTX1300 top case...

CTX1300 top case...
Thanks for the pics! I'm definitely leaning toward buying one of these myself, but it would be a lot easier to make that decision if we could see the whole bike from a few angles:)

OP
OP
Freelancer
Bike
2012 ST1300
OK. For those who want to see more, here you go!

I didn't notice until the case was mounted that the top curve of the case echo the top curve of the dash.

Thanks again for your interest.

BTW...Available colors are dark blue, dark red, and black. No silver.

Last edited:
Perfect! That's exactly what I was looking for, and it looks just as good as I hoped. Once again, thanks for the pics!

Bike
'04 ST1300 Blue STar
Great,,, now could you put the bike on it's center stand,, maybe wait till the sun is a bit higher,,, and post a few more shots,,,,, Just kidding,,,, could not help myself,, Good job,, this box definitely worth considering for both the looks and volume. Well done,,, Cat'

OK. For those who want to see more, here you go!

I didn't notice until the case was mounted that the top curve of the case echo the top curve of the dash.

Thanks again for your interest.

BTW...Available colors are dark blue, dark red, and black. No silver.

Bike
2012 honda ST1300
STOC #
Catmandu2: I'm done...
While you are out and about can you test the case for us. Do the water test and tell us if it leaks . And also do the triple digit test and let us known at what speed does a problem occur. And can we assume that if you do not report back that the test may have failed. Thanks ahead of time Paul. Just kidding. Thanks for all the photos. You have been a big help and may be responsible for me spending money.

OP
OP
Freelancer
Bike
2012 ST1300
Everyone's a comedian...

Actually, I DID test the case for leaks in a heavy rain and everything inside was dry.

It's a good decision.

Top Bottom