IBA Jacksonville party...Who's coming this year?

Bike
1998 ST1100
STOC #
Well, Its that time again... Last year we had a pretty good turnout of ST riders, I will be attending once again and riding in the "Plane Crazy BBG", anybody else?

Bike
2016 FJR
STOC #
Well, Its that time again... Last year we had a pretty good turnout of ST riders, I will be attending once again and riding in the "Plane Crazy BBG", anybody else?

I'll be there Don. I'm contemplating that BBG as well. Any idea what the deadline is for that?

OP
OP
Slasher
Bike
1998 ST1100
STOC #
Great! I look forward to seeing you again 'ole buddy! As far as the ride goes, they only say when the deadline is to back out of it, not when you can sign up for it. I guess until it sells out. The great thing about the JAX rides is that you have up to two years (usually) to complete the ride so if you cant (or don't want to) do it in march, you can always do it at a later date.

Ashley

Site Supporter
Bike
2020 Africa Twin
STOC #
I'll be missing it this year as it looks like I'll be in St Pete for Indy car race. VIP tickets, couldn't pass it up.

Ashley

Bike
2005 ST1300
STOC #
I will be there as well, as I have been for the last five years or so. Doing a SS2000 Gold to get there, and another one coming home. Phoenix to JAX in somewhere around 36 hours. Not doing the Florida rides, would rather kick tires, swap lies and visit with folks I only get to see a couple of times a year. You guys come say hello!

CHYZDAD, the Iron Butt Association has an informal get together every March in Jacksonville FL. It's mostly a socializing event, but there are several Ironbutt sanctioned rides that can be done during the event.

Garry

Bike
2016 FJR
STOC #
Was just looking at that BBG route. 9 picture stops plus fuel stops, throw in some I-95, A1A.....aggressive!!!

Bike
2016 FJR
STOC #
Where'd you see the BBG route at? I'm all signed up and paid yet I've seen nada!
On the registration page there is a link to "event information". Its just a map showing roughly where the required stops are. No actual waypoints or gpx file etc.

OP
OP
Slasher
Bike
1998 ST1100
STOC #
On the registration page there is a link to "event information". Its just a map showing roughly where the required stops are. No actual waypoints or gpx file etc.
On the Ironbuttrecords page? I can't see the link your referring to. It might be because I'm already registered, I just see a "more swag" link. Could you send me the link?

i did the "Eggsanity Gold 1500" back in September, and that ride required me to stop and eat 3 times on the clock as well as take pictures... Hopefully it's not as bad as that was! I think I was at 23 and a half hours when I pulled into the barn on that one!

OP
OP
Slasher
Bike
1998 ST1100
STOC #
I found it... Had to click on the Plane Crazy Saddlesore and it had the link you mentioned... yeah... that looks like a doozy of a route... Last Jax party we had to circumnavigate Florida, this looks a lot like that route except we wont have to run all the way out to Pensacola and back (going to Georgia instead). I'm assuming these are all airports or aviation related locations?

OP
OP
Slasher
Bike
1998 ST1100
STOC #
Heres my guess at the stops on the Plane Crazy BBG. All these locations correspond with their map pretty well except around Orlando, there its kind of a crapshoot but I think I'm pretty close. definitely need to make sure my Florida Turnpike Sunpass is loaded up!

a)Ramada JAX
b)Crisp County - Cordele Airport
c)Macon Downtown Airport
d)Savannah, Hilton Head International Airport
e)Lake City Airpark
f)Orlando International Airport
g)St Petersburg / Clearwater International Airport
h)Naples Municipal airport
i)Ft Lauderdale International Airport
j)Lake conway North Seaplane Base or Orlando Executive Airport (my guess would be the Executive Airport)
k)Ramada JAX

Last edited:
OP
OP
Slasher
Bike
1998 ST1100
STOC #
I decided to give this a go. Gonna be tight, even more so without an aux tank (15 stops). Go big or go home, LOL
I think you'll be fine! Although I must admit, an aux tank really shows it's worth on an IBA picture takin ride! Hell, some of those harley guys would love to only have to make 15 stops!

Bike
2016 FJR
STOC #
I think you'll be fine! Although I must admit, an aux tank really shows it's worth on an IBA picture takin ride! Hell, some of those harley guys would love to only have to make 15 stops!
Don, Based on the BBG route, do you know if there are any toll roads? I have no idea how that sun pass works. If I don't have one will they bill me based on my plate? Can I get one in short order? Just thought about this today. Thanks.

OP
OP
Slasher
Bike
1998 ST1100
STOC #
Don, Based on the BBG route, do you know if there are any toll roads? I have no idea how that sun pass works. If I don't have one will they bill me based on my plate? Can I get one in short order? Just thought about this today. Thanks.
Yeah, it definitely runs up the Florida turnpike on the east coast from Fort Lauderdale where Alligator Alley ends, up to Orlando. The turnpike has very few attendants on it to take cash, it is all sunpass or toll by tag. If you don't have a sunpass, they send you a bill. The sunpass is nice because it gives you a discounted toll rate, just like ezpass does most places. I got mine online and had it mailed to me but, you can pic them up at the service station plazas on the turnpike or at some Publix supermarkets. If you buy one in a store, they cost like $20 but they come with $20 credit towards tolls. There are two versions, a transponder version that is just like an ezpass or a decal version. Do not get a decal version!!! It won't work through a plastic windscreen and will damage the windscreen if you try to remove it. I like the transponder anyway because I can switch it from vehicle to vehicle if I go to Florida driving a cage.

Bike
2016 FJR
STOC #
Yeah, it definitely runs up the Florida turnpike on the east coast from Fort Lauderdale where Alligator Alley ends, up to Orlando. The turnpike has very few attendants on it to take cash, it is all sunpass or toll by tag. If you don't have a sunpass, they send you a bill. The sunpass is nice because it gives you a discounted toll rate, just like ezpass does most places. I got mine online and had it mailed to me but, you can pic them up at the service station plazas on the turnpike or at some Publix supermarkets. If you buy one in a store, they cost like $20 but they come with $20 credit towards tolls. There are two versions, a transponder version that is just like an ezpass or a decal version. Do not get a decal version!!! It won't work through a plastic windscreen and will damage the windscreen if you try to remove it. I like the transponder anyway because I can switch it from vehicle to vehicle if I go to Florida driving a cage.
STgolfer was telling me the same about the different tags. Think $20 is enough for that route? I'll try to grab one while down there or let them bill me I guess.

Top Bottom