My first rebuilt water pump

misterguitar

1993 ST1100, 1982 GL500, 1977 GL1000, 1975 GL1000
I wish Hond would just make more water pumps. I can buy the water pump for my 1975 goldwing today by the dozen brand new from honda. Don't understand why they don't show the ST some love!

Wp arrived from fleabay with no connection for oil cooler ( later model pump ) . Cut the pulley and impeller off the "new" pump , makes it so much easier to support the casting when pressing out the old shaft/bearing, and pressing in the new one. Pressed off the pulley and impeller from the pump I cracked in the press ( I was really being careful too ! ) used them to finish the wp refurb. The missing oil cooler connection was retrofitted by drilling through the existing blind hole in the casting, smoothing off the newly opened port on the impeller side with a pencil die grinder, and finally tapping the hole M8x1.5 pitch about 10 mm (3/8") deep before screwing in a brass hose tail ( from an old auto wp) with copper sealing washer. See attached photos of rebuilt wp and oil cooler mod. Just the heads to refurb now........hopefully up and running soon !IMG_2868.JPGIMG_2869.JPG

Top Bottom