I'm officially a MTC (Motorcycle Training Course) Instructor in California

Bike
2009 ST1300
STOC #
Howdy gang,
I just taught my first MTC class this past weekend in California. I finally completed all the certification requirements during the week before. The class went really well as no one crashed and all students passed. Must have been due to my excellent instruction. :D The only bummer was working in the rain for several hours on Sunday. I enjoyed teaching the class and felt pretty well prepared from ALL the requirements necessary to gain certification from the CHP/Total Control Training Inc. The more I teach the more natural it will feel as I still have lots to learn.

The requirements for those interested: take the two day MTC class as a student, shadow an instructor for an MTC 2 day class, submit fingerprints to DOJ, take a Total Control Training class at least one level above what you will be teaching (I took the IRC - intermediate rider course), take the 7 day/60 hour MTC instructor course (pretty intense with tons of detail), and have a current basic first aid/CPR card. All told, around 12 1/2 days of training and potentially a lot of $$$$. But my sponsoring school took care of much of the expense. Then you make $25/hour +/- teaching.

STill STylin

Red is ALWAYS faSTer
Bike
2005 ST1300A
STOC #
CONGRATULATIONS!!

Here's wishing you nothing but the very best and trust reality far exceeds your expectations.

thank you,
-Elliot

Bike
'97 ST1100
STOC #
congrats Jeff, hopefully that will keep you out of trouble now that you retired from your day job. Any chance I could be a guest instructor for the passing on double yellow part of the course?

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
Congrats! Sounds like something you will enjoy. Life is more fun when you like what you do.

ToddC

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
Sounds like you found something that you will enjoy doing for some time, congratulations.

paulcb

- - - Tetelestai - - - R.I.P. - 2022/05/26
Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
Way to go Jeff. Look forward to hearing some of your training stories.

OP
OP
jonz
Bike
2009 ST1300
STOC #
congrats Jeff, hopefully that will keep you out of trouble now that you retired from your day job. Any chance I could be a guest instructor for the passing on double yellow part of the course?
When they add that to the curriculum, I'll put in a good (?) word for you.

Top Bottom