Video from Mexico a few weeks ago.

Throttlejockey

Padden is my hero
Bike
06 ST1300
STOC #
Some videos from our 5 day trip down to Catavina. Enjoy.

[video=youtube;JreOpQgx8iM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JreOpQgx8iM[/video]

[video=youtube;HfsJncAWt60]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfsJncAWt60[/video]

[video=youtube;V2HIA7pZDb8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2HIA7pZDb8[/video]

Bike
2009 ST1300
STOC #
Nice!!!! Looks like fun. I'll be heading down to Coco's Corner in a couple weeks and riding south from there for a week. Calamajue and Window Rock. I was hoping to try the No Wimps Trail but can't find anyone to ride it with me. 8^(

OP
OP
Throttlejockey

Throttlejockey

Padden is my hero
Bike
06 ST1300
STOC #
Nice!!!! Looks like fun. I'll be heading down to Coco's Corner in a couple weeks and riding south from there for a week. Calamajue and Window Rock. I was hoping to try the No Wimps Trail but can't find anyone to ride it with me. 8^(
Thanks. That was my first time that far south. I just moved out here in March so I have a lot left to explore. No Wimps Trail? Sounds like a good one!
We do ride Tecate quite a bit. Here's a shot from yesterday.

Bike
2009 ST1300
STOC #
Very nice and green. I've only ridden through Tecate heading south and haven't really explored the area. Looks like fun

Bike
05 ST1300 abs
Thanks for the videos.

You & your buddies look to be expert riders.

The trails around Moab, Blanding, Green River, & Hanksville Utah have similar terrain. Most enjoyable.

I have been riding there every Spring & Fall for 25+ years.

OP
OP
Throttlejockey

Throttlejockey

Padden is my hero
Bike
06 ST1300
STOC #
Thanks for the videos.

You & your buddies look to be expert riders.

The trails around Moab, Blanding, Green River, & Hanksville Utah have similar terrain. Most enjoyable.

I have been riding there every Spring & Fall for 25+ years.
No problem.
Yes, we're all A riders with the exception of the guy in the solid orange helmet. He's only been riding for 4 years and rides better than some guys that have been riding for 20. He's not real fast but gets through all the technical sections real well.

Haven't been to Moab yet, (want to ride 5 miles of hell as well as the other trails) but planning on going with our group out to Colorado in August.

Bike
05 ST1300 abs
August is an excellent month to come to CO. Snow will be gone.

If you plan to ride any trails....BLM, National Forest Service, CO state lands, make sure you get a CO OHV sticker even if you are street legal & have a license plate. Colorado has gotten really strict the last few years & you are at risk for a ticket.

If you are riding only dirt roads, you do not need a sticker.

We do have some rural communities in CO that have passed local OHV permit laws. These laws allow you to ride an unlicensed bike or ATV in town. A sticker is still required. (ATV's cannot be licensed in CO. Bikes can be...w/ some hassle)

If you need some advice on where to ride I may be able to help you.

OP
OP
Throttlejockey

Throttlejockey

Padden is my hero
Bike
06 ST1300
STOC #
August is an excellent month to come to CO. Snow will be gone.

If you plan to ride any trails....BLM, National Forest Service, CO state lands, make sure you get a CO OHV sticker even if you are street legal & have a license plate. Colorado has gotten really strict the last few years & you are at risk for a ticket.

If you are riding only dirt roads, you do not need a sticker.

We do have some rural communities in CO that have passed local OHV permit laws. These laws allow you to ride an unlicensed bike or ATV in town. A sticker is still required. (ATV's cannot be licensed in CO. Bikes can be...w/ some hassle)

If you need some advice on where to ride I may be able to help you.
Thanks for the info. My friend went last year and the guy he rode with has been riding there for many years and knows the area well. I'll be sure to contact you if I need anything!

Top Bottom