Ahh, that new car smell!

GallantRider

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 ST1300A
STOC #
Bit the bullet and imported a new Hondaline top box from Motorama Bisson in the UK (via eBay). It's Pearl Cosmic Black color, which doesn't quite match the Graphite Black of my 2012 ST, but it seems to be close enough. We'll see if it starts to bug me later as riding season gets underway. I saw a post in here somewhere that someone got theirs painted to color match...not sure how much that would cost.

I plan to ride 2up with the wife so the Honda backrest looks more comfortable than the Givi, plus the box just looks so much better on the bike. Looking forward to adding the spoiler kit to it at some point, but other items will be coming first.

Steve

JCB

Bike
2008 Goldwing
STOC #
Looks nice Steve!!!

I have the Givi 55 so the wife can take her 12 pairs of shoes along.

That will really look nice with the added spoiler!!!

Ride safe!!!

Jay

skipcurt

Skip
Bike
'18 BMW R1200 GSA
STOC #
Congrats Steve, you'll love having it. I can't ever remember riding my ST without mine. The two pockets under the carpet on each side are perfect for small can of Plexus, extra fuses, extra bulbs, few different electric plugs. Maps under the carpet in the middle. I even added LED strips around mine that are running/signal lights.
Fill 'er up and go!

Skip

Bike
2016 FJR
STOC #
Whatever she wants Steve. Take it from me, it's a small price to pay to get some more riding in. Have you talked her into a rally yet?

Bike
2005 ST 1300 ABS
STOC #
So shiny and clean, looks good Steve. My top box has the spoiler and brake light, it looks great on there. Are you in for the Moonshine lunch run? Getting closer fast. I have a few more farkles I plan on adding soon to be ready for the IBA run for the cheeseburger.

OP
OP
GallantRider

GallantRider

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 ST1300A
STOC #
Looks nice Steve!!!

I have the Givi 55 so the wife can take her 12 pairs of shoes along.

That will really look nice with the added spoiler!!!

Ride safe!!!

Jay
Thanks Jay. what is it with shoes??? At least my wife likes flip flops so they take up less space.

Congrats Steve, you'll love having it. I can't ever remember riding my ST without mine. The two pockets under the carpet on each side are perfect for small can of Plexus, extra fuses, extra bulbs, few different electric plugs. Maps under the carpet in the middle. I even added LED strips around mine that are running/signal lights.
Fill 'er up and go!

Skip
Great ideas, Skip! I need to put together my roadside tool/spares kit for this bike.

Whatever she wants Steve. Take it from me, it's a small price to pay to get some more riding in. Have you talked her into a rally yet?
Ken, I think the rallies will remain my solo refuge for the time being...but you never know at one of the Nutmegs if they continue them...

So shiny and clean, looks good Steve. My top box has the spoiler and brake light, it looks great on there. Are you in for the Moonshine lunch run? Getting closer fast. I have a few more farkles I plan on adding soon to be ready for the IBA run for the cheeseburger.
Colin, looking forward to Moonshine! Still not sure which bike...need to get some miles on this baby. Just put on some Heli risers and next big add will be a RDL seat. -9 degree temps are NOT helping - haven't even done the first oil change yet! Hopefully the rain and warm temps next week will wash alot of this stuff away. Great pic of you in the snow on NER...have you laid it down yet? ;)

Steve

Bike
2005 ST 1300 ABS
STOC #
No, have not laid it down yet. There is a story behind that picture I will tell you over a burger at the Moonshine store. As to which bike, the first time I did the IBA run, I did it on the black VTX you have seen, can't wait to do it on the ST! I loved my VTX, but they were not made for that kind of distance riding.

Bike
2005 ST 1300 ABS
STOC #
Here are a couple more pictures that I took that day. It was 29 degrees when I left that morning, was 58 degrees when I got home in the afternoon. I went from Hudson NH to sugar Hill, NH North of Cannon mountain, above Franconia Notch. That picture on NER was taken in the Notch on the way to Polly's pancake Parlor for breakfast.
IMG_20160131_113428.jpgIMG_20160131_110455 - Copy (2).jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom