Shock rebuilt by Racetech. Spring collar?

Hi!

Now I finnaly got my rebuilt shock from Racetech. Looking forward to the spring to get the bike out and se the difference :) There is one thing with the shock that makes me a bit suspicious. The new spring is obviously a bit beefier than the stock spring was. The top surface of the spring is mostly outside the shock housing. Only one third is resting on the shock housing (picture). Should it be a collar there that matches the new spring size? Racetech is listing a spring collar for this application but no collar was mounted to my shock. Anyone here with experience with Racetech rebuilds? I mailed a question to them but there is no answer...
Spring.jpg

Bike
2005 Honda ST1300
Does seem a bit wonky but here's a picture from their website that looks about the same. I think your shock is built as intended.

Later,
Kent Larson from Minnesota

Attachments

acedantinne

Site Supporter
Bike
04-st1300, 15-1200RT
STOC #
My Race-tech rebuilt shock on ST1300 LOOKS the same & have the heavy spring. Stiff spring at first give it 500 miles.Been on bike for over 50,000 miles with out checking my service notes. If u like can give exact miles?
Enjoy

sky.high

Site Supporter
Bike
The Honda of the day
STOC #
I've just fitted a Racetech G3 shock with 21.4 kg/mm spring last weekend, what spring rate did you go for?

Only had one short test ride one up with no pre-load so far, I really liked the way it soaked up the bumps, really great compliance, hoping I get the same result two up with luggage and cranked up pre-load.

Last edited:
Top Bottom