Barn Find - Pacific Coast 800 - and review

Bike
91-ST1100 & PC800
STOC #
Hi Everyone
Well here is my story, I am also fishing for information
I ran across a fellow about 5 or 6 years who has a Honda Pacific Coast
parked in his shed, I went there to do some upholstery repairs in their
house and saw this motorcycle while going by the shed, after finishing up in the house
I asked about the bike, it is a Candy Red 1990 ( sold new in 1993) Pacific Coast
Well long story short I have been trying to buy it for all that time because I never saw
it move except to go on a trailer and taken to the dealer about every year for service
fluids changes and such all I ever got was it's not for sale... it turns out the guys wife
thought it would be fun to get her husband something special for his birthday so she bought
this bike and had it delivered complete with a big red bow on it.... They rode it to Yosemite
one or two times and parked it... He was scared of it, so that is where it has sat since 1993 A true BARN FIND
I thought it had 5,470 miles on it... well they called me and said to come and get it out of
their shed last Monday so I hot footed it over there and loaded it up with years of dirt all over it
I checked it over put fresh gas in it and it fired right up....Well after cleaning it up I looked again
at the dash and WOW this thing has 547.2 miles on it, it's NEW it's a kick to ride 800cc gets it down
the road in fine fashion.... I am embarrassed to tell what I paid for it but I could more than double maybe triple
it if I put it on ebay....
NOW are there any Pacific Coast owners here on the ST Forum ? or do you have a friend with one? I am looking
for a good forum for the PC but they seem to be very inactive...
Shoot me an email to motorcycledave@mac.com or call me 209-887-3283 if yo can help me out
Again as always Ride Safe
Thanks
Dave

Last edited:

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
Re: I have a NEW bike ....BARN FIND

Gotta love those barn finds/special sitch sales. Way to go. Keep us posted on the clean up!

ToddC

Fatjock

STOC #8872
Bike
'18 Glowing Tour DCT
STOC #

Congratulations on your persistence paying off.
Enjoy the new ride.
A quick Google search revealed a few sites that may help you. I just used "PC800 forum" as the search criteria.............good luck with your search, and if you want to learn just how much abuse one of those bikes can take, don't miss the adventures of Cack, on the adv riders forum. Some great reading there.

OP
OP
Motorcycle Dave
Bike
91-ST1100 & PC800
STOC #

Thanks for the info.... I also did a google search but the forums I found had little or no activity some not since 2012
I will keep looking, I may need a new windshield for it , it was in a shed with cement and there was cement dust all over
and the windshield may be toast, I understand they are super expensive.
Dave

OP
OP
Motorcycle Dave
Bike
91-ST1100 & PC800
STOC #

IMG_0248.jpgYou are the man..... What you doing up so late, you must be retired...
I used to live in Key West I know if I look around I will find stuff for it.
at first I was going to clean it up and flip it but I think this time I will keep it
what do you think

Attachments

Outbackwack

Howard
Bike
'13 Vstrom 650
STOC #

Back in the day I thought long and hard about buying one of those and still like them. If I were you I'd ride it around for a year or more... I'm sure the PO would hate to see you just clean it up and sell it just to make a profit. I say enjoy it while you can and sell it later if your heart just isn't in it. Enjoy and ride safe!

Bike
2006 ST1300A
2024 Miles

Go get Mother's Headlight cleaning kit at your local Auto parts store. it should have a polishing wheel that you can put in an electric drill. it may take a while but you should be able to clean up the original windshield. I have used it on my St1300 windshield a few times.

W0QNX

Blacksheep Tribal Member
Bike
06/ST1300 19/R1250RT
2024 Miles

Nice looking bike, surprisingly I've seen two out on the roads in the last month! More than I saw all last year.

gmast1100

Gettin old sux
Bike
2016 Kawasaki Versys
STOC #

Very nice find Dave. My wife had a PC for awhile. Didn't like gassing up so often so she got another ST. I'm sure you'll have tons of fun on it. I rode hers a couple of times and was impressed.

OP
OP
Motorcycle Dave
Bike
91-ST1100 & PC800
STOC #

That is exactly what I used to get it as clean as it is
it's not bad but would like it better... I will just have to keep at it
Dave

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #

Excellent find! Congrats!

The PC always had my interest, but being a V4 fan, I could never get my interest in them enough. But for a second bike, one would probably be great to putt around on!

ST13Fred

Fred
Bike
2015 Motus MST

The iPCRC, Internet Pacific Coast Riders Club was active in the 90s and beyond but seem to have disbanded. They had a very loyal and large following.

I put 120K miles of 2, 97 PC800s (60K each). IMO the most practical bike ever built.

thumperjdm

Naty Von Ozirisz 1997-2011
Bike
'15 Trophy SE

Great find. I had an '89 Pearl White, that I also bought new/leftover in '93. They're a great commuter bike; the versatility and simplicity of the trunk is still unparalleled by anything today. Just don't expect to maintain 90mph in a headwind. :D

I traded mine in because I was quite a bit younger then, and looking for something with a little more "oomph," (which turned out to be a ZX-6.)

BakerBoy

It's all small stuff.
STOC #

Great find! I think I'd change the tires, change the oil and coolant, and check for dry rot of hoses under the cowling before taking it far. But after that, it is ready to go!

I enjoyed my '97 PC800 for a couple years (but I don't miss it's lack of power at Colorado mountain elevations).

Bike
07 ST1300A(P)
STOC #

Cool deal. I'd love to find one for the missus.

Among our few dozen Hondas, we have a '90 PC800. A very under-rated ride. Great storage, low/easy maintenance, trouble free.

I have an extra stock windscreen. Used but in great condition. Would let it go cheap if you're interested.

Enjoy your new find!

Dave

Top Bottom