Road Smart II problem

Bike
2005 st
Bike road perfect, put a new set on my bike and it is all over the road. Bike now feels "too light on its feet". Any wind sends the bike all over the road. Following a eighteen wheeler will put you in the ditch. Road the bike on a 500 mile trip on a set of bridgestones, and it handled great. Can not find any visible defects. I have put 2 different new rs II on the front.:mad:

Bike
1&2 2005 ST1300ABS's
STOC #
Dunlops and Rear Avons don't really work well on ST1300's.

Get a set of these.

I just ordered the latest and greatest sport touring tires from Bridgestone.
They say they are just as good and in some tests in Germany, they stick to the road better than the Pilot Road 4's
Here are the specs:
170/60ZR17 72W REAR T30R EVO GT BATTLAX SPORT TOURING

120/70ZR18 59W FRONT T30F EVO GT BATTLAX SPORT TOURING

I'll chime in later once I test them out.

Bike
07 ST1300
I replaced a front roadsmart 1 with a free roadsmart 2 from dunlop last fall. The bike handled GREAT with the roadsmart 1 and awful with the roadsmart 2. A wrestling match at low speed turns. I do NOT like it. High speeds seem OK but twitchy.

Bike
2007 ST1300
Same story. Just got a set of Roadsmart IIs and the bikes handling is twitchy. At 45mph, if I let go of the bars, the bike goes into a tank slapper. And, the always present pull to the right is now a HARD dive to the right.

VFR

"Uncle Larry"
Odd... Must be a difference in the bikes. I use them on all of my bikes when heading out on a long trip. Track straight & true, hold good in wet or dry, just a very good tire.

I bailed on Bridgestones long ago because they followed the rain grooves or any line in the highway. Not about to run a PR 2 or 3, but the original Pilot Roads worked great on the Blackbird.

Used to just run Metzlers but they dropped my favorite tire and the replacement just didn't work as well. Not planning to run the Dunlop RS III as I don't need a rain tire. Seems like the new tires from all mfrs are rain treads this year. Just got two new sets of RS IIs, so I'm set for the year.

Top Bottom