15miles in

Bike
ST1100-L
Just picked up my 1st st1100 this evening. Always loved them,and I have been a devaut yamaha owner for 20yrs too. I've only covered 15miles bit wow! Power is smooth. It took me a while to get used to only having 5 speeds and I had to check the net tomake sure.

I kept having to check for 6th. But even 70 was quiet and I didn't even know I was going that fast. I'm hoping I got a good deal on the bike. Just done 100k lots of history, no advisories on mot in last 4 years I can see. Also has heated grips, but these are not wired in yet. I have just ordered a couple of relays to wire them and a USB socket in. Bike seems std over than a larger touring screen. Good metzlers on there as well.

Only other thing I need to get used to is its Lazy riding style. I'm used to small nippy sports bikes, this is a bit more sedate, but I like it. For a 30 something l think I will enjoy some miles
The better half as already booked a trip to her mums in London for two weeks time. Pics soon as I get some Polish :)

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
StuartKeith
Bike
ST1100-L
I have already ordered a couple of relays to fit the grips in the right way, and im ordering a phone mount with usb built into the unit. not sure though where I can mount it, as there seems to be little places with bolt holes for it to go, as the mirrors are built on the sides.

Dex

Bike
ST1300A
Congrats on your acquisition. There is a very active riders group in the Honda Pan European UK Owners Club, South Central section. You might like to make contact with them. Details at www.pan-clan.org. Brian Vale and Peter Finch are the group reps and offer help and advice and organise ride-outs and a monthly meeting in Hampshire (UK). Feel free to go along to meet and chat.

motofisch

(Scott)
Bike
2006 ST1300
"...I didn't even know I was going that fast."

Yeah, we get that a lot around here.

Welcome to the ST family!

Bike
Pan 1300A
Unfortunately you have found the hidden qualities of Pan ownership.....Its arriving at corners & roundabouts a lot quicker than before...ENJOY..

W0QNX

Blacksheep Tribal Member
Bike
06/ST1300 19/R1250RT
2024 Miles
Don't about no 6th gear. The 1300 runs fine all day as fast as you want and speeds over 75mph don't drop the gas mileage that much more than 75 does. I'm sure the 1100 will do the same.

Bike
2005 ST1300
The scary thing about the ST family... 50 feels like 70 feels like 100 feels like 120... Watch the speedo or you will get "performance awards" from the local constabulary. Welcome and enjoy your new 1100:D

Top Bottom