Springtime maint

ChucksKLRST

Team Colorado
Bike
2019 Versys 1K SE LT
STOC #
Spring time maint is here. Doing a tire change and a Spring Oil Change on my daughter's little Suzuki GS500F. Simple machine to maintain and fun to ride.

Last edited:
Bike
91 ST1100/06 ST1300
Happy that your daughter is into bikes. Neither of my two sons are interested. I bought my older son a CB360 for his 16th birthday (he's 34 now). He sat on it, rode it around the neighborhood once and hasn't touched it since.
Strange how some things pass on, others do not.

OP
OP
ChucksKLRST

ChucksKLRST

Team Colorado
Bike
2019 Versys 1K SE LT
STOC #
Happy that your daughter is into bikes. Neither of my two sons are interested. I bought my older son a CB360 for his 16th birthday (he's 34 now). He sat on it, rode it around the neighborhood once and hasn't touched it since.
Strange how some things pass on, others do not.
Yes, My son (41) has no interest but my daughter and son -in -law both ride. Not a lot, but they do ride. Liza my daughter has put 1000 miles on this bike in a year. She bought it last year this time after selling her EX500 (700 dollar bike). She is also interested in working on her bike but her time is very limited, family, work, husband etc. I am retired so I will do some of the work during the week for her. Her and her husband also do a little bit of dirt. They also have a pair of XT225's So I get to maintain my three bikes, and their 4 bikes. I really enjoy it when Liza comes over and we get to do the maint. and work on the bikes together. Next year going to try and get the Grand daughters involved.

Last edited:

paulcb

- - - Tetelestai - - - R.I.P. - 2022/05/26
Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
Geez Chuck, is that a spec of dirt I see over in the corner? ;)

Bike
2018 NC750X
STOC #
Geez Chuck, is that a spec of dirt I see over in the corner?
I was going to say, there can't possibly be any work going on in that shop... it's way to clean! But I do admire someone who can do what needs to be done and not get their hands dirty!

OP
OP
ChucksKLRST

ChucksKLRST

Team Colorado
Bike
2019 Versys 1K SE LT
STOC #
I was going to say, there can't possibly be any work going on in that shop... it's way to clean! But I do admire someone who can do what needs to be done and not get their hands dirty!
Surgical Gloves ;)

Bike
Tiger 800
Very nice clean garage. Do you strerilize the bikes befor bringing them into the shop? I don't think my motorcycle was that clean the day I bought it out of the crate, and it certainly hasn't gotten any cleaner since.

I have only one son who rides. I don't think he is a much better rider than I am even though he is much younger, but he is much better at shredding tires with his C14.

gmast1100

Gettin old sux
Bike
2016 Kawasaki Versys
STOC #
That garage is so clean that if I ride my Wee up there all the way from Texas, we'll have to park the dirty thing outside!

OP
OP
ChucksKLRST

ChucksKLRST

Team Colorado
Bike
2019 Versys 1K SE LT
STOC #
This morning I removed the old and installed the new tires. This afternoon I will balance the tires and wheels. Tomorrow the wheels go back on the bike and then the annual oil change. Do a test ride and Liza's little GS500F will be done for this coming season. Simple and easy. Gotta love Old School Tech.

OP
OP
ChucksKLRST

ChucksKLRST

Team Colorado
Bike
2019 Versys 1K SE LT
STOC #
The maint. on the little GS500F is finished. New tires, Valve Stems, Fresh
oil, clean new filter, drive chain cleaned and lubed, and a general going over with a critical eye. Finalized with a gentle loving clean wipe down. Bike is waiting to be delivered to my daughter Liza, tonight.

View attachment 171721

View attachment 171722

Last edited:
Bike
2020 Moto guzzi V85T
Now Chuck, this thread started out with a Suzuki on the bench, and then a Kawasaki, and then a Yamaha in Deckers. Either you have started a repair shop or there are historical pics included.

And to several comments about Chuck Clean garage. Look at the little pads underneath all of the center stands on the bikes. No scratches in his floor. And what is that old saying "Cleanliness is next to Godliness."

thepaleobiker

Paleo, Runner, Spiritual, Dancer
Bike
2006 ST1300A "Vikki"
STOC #
Beautiful bikes, beautiful family!

V Strom LED headlights - wp.me/p48a0W-1D
Turn signal conversion to running lights- wp.me/p48a0W-1Z
LED tail lights - wp.me/p48a0W-1I
MadStad + Givi - wp.me/p48a0W-1N
Mirror Extenders - wp.me/p48a0W-1R

Top Bottom