Knee replacement March 8 , 2016

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
Randy - Well, the good thing is you know what to expect since you've done it once. The bad thing is - you know what to expect! :D I pray that it will go well and your recovery is speedy. I just had my '6 year' inspection a month or so ago and mine are still in fine shape.

gmast1100

Gettin old sux
Bike
2016 Kawasaki Versys
STOC #
Good luck Randy. Had my right one done 1 1/2 years ago and looking like left is in the near future.

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Hope it all goes as planned. I know my brother has had both of his knees done and was able to go on a very long ride this last year with me to WeSTOC!

okckeith

Site Supporter
Bike
2017 Triumph Trophy
Best of luck for another replacement with no problems. After my week long stay in the hospital last moth from an infection in my leg, I am doing great. 2-8-17 will be one year for me. It sure is nice to be pain free.

OP
OP
rulbe

rulbe

Site Supporter
Bike
Africa Twin AS
STOC #
Thanks everyone! Back in my room and anesthesia is wearing off and getting some movement in my legs.
As Steve said I still have my ST, it just always works so well and puts a smile on when I ride it! Because of the ST I have met so many great people that I call friends that I can't seem to let it go.
Now the therapy begins!

Thanks everyone!!

SteveST1300

Site Supporter
Vendor
Bike
03&04 ST1300
STOC #
Glad to hear you are out and recovering give yourself a couple of days this time. Don't try that LD ride just yet. Have a Merry Christmas Randy hope to see you soon.

ReSTored

Site Supporter
Bike
2019 Tracer GT
STOC #
I wish you a quick recovery. I'm assuming that NJ weather is pretty similar to Toronto's and there's not much riding going on this time of year anyway, so you'll be in shape to be back in the saddle by spring.

OhiaBoy

R.I.P. - 2017/06/09
Rest In Peace
Bike
91 ST1100
STOC #
The therapy stinks, but it's the key to success! I just past the one year anniversary and most people are shocked to find out that I've had a replacement. I did all of my at home therapy as well as at the Rehab center and met the doctor's goals in three weeks. Like UP said, keep it up and you'll do great!:yes: Merry Christmas!!

OP
OP
rulbe

rulbe

Site Supporter
Bike
Africa Twin AS
STOC #
I wish you a quick recovery. I'm assuming that NJ weather is pretty similar to Toronto's and there's not much riding going on this time of year anyway, so you'll be in shape to be back in the saddle by spring.

Riding is spotty in the winter here in NJ but yes the goal is to be ready for Moonshine Run in April.

After the first knee replacement I did as much therapy at home as well as at the office which allowed me to start riding to PT classes. As everyone says you have to do the Therapy to get good results!

Thanks for the postive support!
Randy

Last edited:
Top Bottom