ST13 Wheel Bearing Pullers

ESB

STRIDER
Bike
'07 ST 1300
Looking for the best place to get the front & rear wheel bearing Pullers for the ST 1300.

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
I bought the Honda tool as well. Paid for itself in saving the dealer cost of bearing removal. Next time it's free...:)

ToddC

W0QNX

Blacksheep Tribal Member
Bike
06/ST1300 19/R1250RT
2024 Miles
Yes it just needs to be in contact - too much and you side load it. Too little and clamping the axle side loads the bearing. I intend to redo the video next time I replace the bearings. I have all of the pieces - and show it with an 'anvil' on the first bearing when driving in the second bearing. That way, the side loading cannot happen when the second is driven in.
It looks like we lost some posts John. Just delete yours if you want and I'll try to repost mine.

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
It looks like we lost some posts John. Just delete yours if you want and I'll try to repost mine.
Sorry, had to to try and sync things up.. I'll try a diff approach next time.

Bike
2008 ST1300
STOC #
STRiders forum site has a loaner tool kit that is superb.
(STICKIE) ST1100/ST1300 Wheel Bearing R&R Tools

This is a fabulous kit complete with written and video instructions, and the tools to make the job easy. I used for rear wheel bearings (not flange) on ST1300. I had purchased a "blind bearing removal" tool kit from Harbor Freight that looked like it should work - with a slide hammer to yank the bearing(s) out. Didn't work, no matter how hard I worked. Thankfully, they took it back for refund.

This kit makes it easy - knocking bearings out with a drift. Mine took some pretty hard whacks, but out it came - rust and all (no wonder it was so hard to remove). New bearings went straight from freezer into wheel with the help of the driver in the kit. My reminder to next person using it is: as you drive 2nd bearing, stop frequently to check the distance collar - once bearing just touches collar, STOP. It's easy to go too far, and restrict the bearings' movement. But if it doesn't touch, torquing the axle nut may well deform bearing as it tightens, making it too tight after you've reinstalled wheel (not a job you would choose to repeat).

All in all a successful job, thanks to this kit - SUPER - I can't recommend it more highly!

jfheath

John Heath
Site Supporter
Bike
2013 ST1300 A9
2024 Miles
STOC #
My reminder to next person using it is: as you drive 2nd bearing, stop frequently to check the distance collar - once bearing just touches collar, STOP. It's easy to go too far, and restrict the bearings' movement. But if it doesn't touch, torquing the axle nut may well deform bearing as it tightens, making it too tight after you've reinstalled wheel
:plus1: - and of course, don't forget that it matters which bearing you put in first. Check the service manual, and note that the front and the rear wheels are different in this respect.

Top Bottom