Bridgestone T30 vs T30 Evo (ST1100)

Bike
'05 ST1300
STOC #
Has anyone had experience with both the T30 Bridgestones and the T30 Evo?

Desmo Steve' kid is rebuilding my old ('93) non-ABS ST1100 (fried a head ten years ago,) and I don't want him riding on the ten year old Dunlops.

It seems like there are limited choices for getting front and rear in the same maker/model, but the T30s and T30 Evos are available in the correct sizes.

Bike
Tiger 800
Yes, but not on an ST1300.
My riding buddy and I put T30s on at the same time last summer. He put EVOs on his Kawasaki Versys 650 and I put regular T30s on my NT 700. We rode together to the west coast and back on the same roads at the same speeds but of course the bikes were different. The comments below refer to the rear tires.

I was happy with the T30s after the first couple hundred miles but then after about 3,000 miles they began to wander a bit in the corners. I know squared off tires handle different, but I used to have Michelin PR4s and I think they handle better when they were a bit worn.

The guy with the EVOs on the Versys thought his handled fine. We didn't get much wet road riding to evaluate wet traction. We measured both tires after about 6,000 miles and the wear was about the same (60% worn).

I don't think I'll buy T30s again. They are a great value, but not a great tire. Last year they didn't make EVOs in my size so I used the regular T30s.

Jim

ESB

STRIDER
Bike
'07 ST 1300
Just put a T30-GT on the Front of the ST13 last week, so there's no long term report, but the first 500 miles feel really great!
It's much quicker, and better handling than the BT020 that was on there.
Plan to install the matching Rear next week, and then the ride should be even better. Have no idea about the Mileage reports on these tires.
BUT, no experience with the EVO, so can't compare.

Top Bottom