Looking for some input on passenger seat

Bike
'04 ST1300 Blue STar
Great looking match seats, MJ !! What does Seth charge for those ?? How do you find the padding to be,, on the objectively/comparative seat of the pants comfort scale, ie: firm or plush. I assume you supplied oem seat pans for the project,,, Cat'

Here are a couple of pics of my pillion seat as rebuilt by Seth Laam. As you can see in the second shot the padding at the back is quite thin, but with the rear topper on this part of the seat isn't used, as SWMBO is further forward on the seat. FWIW I'm told the seat is very comfortable and I'm very pleased with my Laam rider seat. I chose to go with a Laam rebuild because of the much lower prices point compared to the Russell.

Rear_seat_1.jpg Rear_seat_2.jpg

MajorTom

QuickBlue
STOC #
Great looking match seats, MJ !! What does Seth charge for those ?? How do you find the padding to be,, on the objectively/comparative seat of the pants comfort scale, ie: firm or plush. I assume you supplied oem seat pans for the project,,, Cat'
My wife and I booked a ride-in to his shop in Reading, CA. He stripped down and rebuilt both seats in about 2.5 hr. in the morning. That was in 2014 and the price was US$389. Seth also does this by mail, but we'd never ridden the Pacific coast highway so a ride-in seemed the way to go. :)

I had a bit of an issue with a pressure point on the inside of my left thigh, a bit too abrupt of an edge I think, but that has softened up and it's an all day seat now. I never bothered to return the seat for an adjustment although I could have for the cost of the shipping. The missus has never had a bad word to say about the pillion seat.

Overall I'd say the seats are firm, but not as firm as a Corbin. I had one installed from the PO and I didn't care for it and I sold it and replaced it with a stock seat, which I had "Lammed". Seth said the foam is a memory foam of his own formulation.

Top Bottom