New 2015 F6B

STOC #
Since this thread has come back to life... I'll update on my previous post in it...

I've booked this guy's F6B for a full day next Friday (Sept 23rd) and plan to take a long-term test ride before I go in and talk with the local dealer that has the White 2016 of my dreams (well... ok... current fantasies). The bike intrigues me, but I'm not going to make a decision like that on some 10 minute dealer test ride, so I thought I'd take advantage of this new upstart rental company. You can buy a brand new F6B for $5k and $6k under list price if you shop around. Interesting. :)

I'll report back with my findings. I also signed up on the hondaf6b.com forums and am getting an education there as well.

Jim

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
I see the F6B as much maligned and underrated probably more for the tiny windshield that any other reason. It's marketed to a specific demographic and having some on the showroom floor or in ad copy with the optional 20" windshield would probably change some minds. I'd bet a dealer would toss one in to sell an F6B off the floor.

The smallish gas tank (at least compared to the ST) is still good enough for my RSR (Rest Stop Range). I'd never own a GoldWing because of all the sheer mass. It's more than I'm comfortable with. But the F6B feels like a completely different bike.

That said the bike is OBVIOUSLY not for everybody. I've only sat on one a couple of times but I really like it. It'd get a taller windshield and different bars probably but I think it's a good looking bike. I was partial to the yellow but didn't know there was a white option. Fortunately I have no room for another bike.

STOC #
I see the F6B as much maligned and underrated probably more for the tiny windshield that any other reason. It's marketed to a specific demographic and having some on the showroom floor or in ad copy with the optional 20" windshield would probably change some minds. I'd bet a dealer would toss one in to sell an F6B off the floor.

The smallish gas tank (at least compared to the ST) is still good enough for my RSR (Rest Stop Range). I'd never own a GoldWing because of all the sheer mass. It's more than I'm comfortable with. But the F6B feels like a completely different bike.

That said the bike is OBVIOUSLY not for everybody. I've only sat on one a couple of times but I really like it. It'd get a taller windshield and different bars probably but I think it's a good looking bike. I was partial to the yellow but didn't know there was a white option. Fortunately I have no room for another bike.
I'm sure about the taller windshield. The bike I'm renting has an aftermarket shield, and the owner claims it was an improvement. I never thought I'd like a bike like this... but the darn thing is growing on me.

I've been looking at the F6B as well, but can't get past it not having ABS.
I've never even experienced Linked-Braking, (which it has), so I think between that and the Anti-Dive system, I'm in for a treat.
Apparently the 2016 Canada bike has ABS (may have been a requirement in that country).
Many of the people I've heard from said, "Don't let the lack of ABS be a deal-breaker."

Jim

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
JMartin said:
I've never even experienced Linked-Braking
Your ST doesn't have LBS? I thought the later 1100s had it. Or is it because it's an STP?

STOC #
Your ST doesn't have LBS? I thought the later 1100s had it. Or is it because it's an STP?
Nope. Linked Braking was only available on the ABS version... which mine is not.
Even back when I had my CBR1000, Linked Brakes came out the year after mine.
My ST1100P does have the Anti-Dive bit on the front, but I can't say I can tell the difference.

Last edited:
OP
OP
gregj
Bike
07 ST1300A
I've been looking at the F6B as well, but can't get past it not having ABS.
I thought I would miss this as well, but after commuting almost 12K miles in the DC area, I cant say I have missed it.

RE the ST shield, I did get spoiled to that. And yes, the stock w/s on the F6B is useless. One of the first things everyone changes on the 6 is the w/s. No different than any other community. I put a Madstad on my, and it works great. I can get almost the same range on my 6 as my ST.

But the motor on this thing. Man, it is a thing of beauty. Two up, I can pull away from a dead stop at a dead idle, no gas. It has low end torque like my 1800 VTX had.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Linked Braking was only available on the ABS version... which mine is not.
Ah that's right. ABS wasn't an option on that variant.

JMartin said:
My ST1100P does have the Anti-Dive bit on the front, but I can't say I can tell the difference.
My buddy's Wing's Anti-Dive died and he knew it fairly quickly. There might have been a slight additional noise in that leg. Might yours be in need of some service?

STOC #
... My buddy's Wing's Anti-Dive died and he knew it fairly quickly. There might have been a slight additional noise in that leg. Might yours be in need of some service?
I've got a feeling that after I spend a day on this upcoming rental F6B, I'm gonna notice a few things that I'm missing out on. :)

Top Bottom